Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me which fuse to check when you get the key not detected message? I already tried changing the batteries but that didn't help. I'm pretty sure it's the fuse from everything I've read. Can't get the car in for 3 days and hate to pay them if that's all it is. 2014 Hyundai Sonata.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Can anyone tell me which fuse to check when you get the key not detected message? I already tried changing the batteries but that didn't help. I'm pretty sure it's the fuse from everything I've read. Can't get the car in for 3 days and hate to pay them if that's all it is. 2014 Hyundai Sonata.
Where did you read it's a fuse?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a different website. It was a mechanic site and described the exact problem. Do you think it's something else. I was wondering if the fobs have to be reprogrammed if you put new batteries in. It also happened over a period of a few days. At first it would tell me that but then start after a few tries. After battery change it won't do anything.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If, when you insert the key in the center console, it starts, then no reprogramming necessary. Not all batteries are created equal. Clean off the contacts where the batteries touch, try name-brand battery. I had issues, replaced battery, 2-months later same issue. Replaced with Energizer and now 10-months later, still good.

Reactions: tobidog

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If, when you insert the key in the center console, it starts, then no reprogramming necessary. Not all batteries are created equal. Clean off the contacts where the batteries touch, try name-brand battery. I had issues, replaced battery, 2-months later same issue. Replaced with Energizer and now 10-months later, still good.
It does start in console. I used Duracell batteries. I guess I could take them apart against and try to clean contacts. I have an appointment at the dealership on Thursday but hate to pay to see if it ts something simple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the battery out of one and made sure it was nice and clean but that didn't help. Won't open door or anything.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
On a different website. It was a mechanic site and described the exact problem. Do you think it's something else. I was wondering if the fobs have to be reprogrammed if you put new batteries in. It also happened over a period of a few days. At first it would tell me that but then start after a few tries. After battery change it won't do anything.
Let me see......you have remote start and that's what is not working but works fine if you use key? Is that correct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Found a start1 that's 7.5 and an IG1 that's 20. Found this in the book. Says it could be Stop Lamp fuse which is 15 amp and is in fuse box under the hood.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Found a start1 that's 7.5 and an IG1 that's 20. Found this in the book. Says it could be Stop Lamp fuse which is 15 amp and is in fuse box under the hood.
Check all the 'start' or 'ign' fuses. Don't just look at them test or swap out with a good one. I don't have the electrical diagrams for your vehicle. Just going by what you said and my experience with other vehicles. I don't have much experience with Hyundai but they all have very much in common.

Reactions: mlwelch56
1 - 12 of 12 Posts