Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the i10 last night :thumbsup:

Reading through the manual it shows a little key barcode serial number tag that we did nto get.

Should we have got one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I got one of these 'tags' with my first i10.......... but not with my 2nd one. A quick email to my (very helpful/friendly) dealer asking for the number and I got it soon after. Just make a note of it somewhere safe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In all likelyhood, there is only 1 tag that comes with the car. The dealer will either make a note of the number on the computer system, and then give you the tag for your own records, or just remove the tag completely.
When I picked up my car, the tag was actually attached to the keyring.
It is worth phoning the dealer and asking for your cars 4 digit number, so you can keep your own record. You dont actually need the tag itself. You never know, the dealer may manage to lose it somehow, and in that case it will be a very expensive job, as I'm sure many dealers will deny any responsibility.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks, I'll speak to the dealer.

I need to hand in the similar key tag for the Aygo we traded in. I only remembered we had it after I read about the missing one for the i10.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spoke to the dealer about this and he said I didn't need it as the key code is printed on my invoice (which it is) and they hold the codes on computer file in the garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts