Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new to the forum. I am trying to find out what the kerb weight is (I think it's called curb weight in the States?) of a Santa Fe 2.0 litre petrol model. I need to know this in order to judge whether this would be a good tow car for our caravan which weighs 1409 kg (loaded). I cannot get a clear answer on this from Hyundai either here in Ireland or in the U.K.

I think it is sometimes also referred to as 'unladen weight'.

Thanks.

I should add that there is a panel on the passenger door of the models I've looked at which state the following weights (in kg's) but not what they refer to! They appear in a column like this:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Here in the USA, the sticker on the door jamb won't give you the curb weight but rather the gross vehicle weight rating which is the vehicle's weight when fully loaded to capacity with passengers and cargo. We didn't get the 2.0 liter I-4 here but we did get the 2.4 and I can imagine their weights are fairly similar.

For a US-spec 2003 Santa Fe four-cylinder, the curb weight is 3494 pounds (1585 kg) for a manual transmission and 3574 pounds (1621 kg) for an automatic. Keep in mind that the four-cylinder was only offered in front wheel drive in the US and I'm not sure if they offered them in 4WD with the smaller engine elsewhere.

I hope this is of some help to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for your reply. That is indeed helpful. I imagine that is close enough to the 2.0 litre version. I may actually get the car weighed before finally deciding but it's probably okay.

:liebe011:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts