Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some time now, we've learned that (much like a person's teeth), regular upkeep to our 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0T Ultimate is much easier with the smaller time it takes to give it regular attention weekly or bi-weekly rather than the "pain" of all at once cleaning.

There's now so much chemical tech in today's detailing products, that anyone can keep their Hyundai SUV looking like new.

We'd love to see how other folks are keeping their Hyundai's looking great...

Join the fun! :grin2:

That includes regular cleaning/care "under the bonnet" as the brits would say.

Even our daughter's 2017 got the do-it-yourself detailing love...

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Very nice but I'm lazy....Do you have kids? My vehicles looked like that until my kids grew up. The grand kids want grandpa to pay them $30 an hour to make it look like that. Then it takes them the entire weekend to do the job. My kids raised their kids to be slackers.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice but I'm lazy....Do you have kids? My vehicles looked like that until my kids grew up. The grand kids want grandpa to pay them $30 an hour to make it look like that. Then it takes them the entire weekend to do the job. My kids raised their kids to be slackers.
Thanks for that feedback!

I hear ya. I have a full-time job and also travel for work somewhat regularly...so weekends are when I do all the other things I want to or need to do. I consider cleaning and then spray waxing the car "therapy".. :laugh:

in between doing a full detailing job here...after washing the SUV, I use a very good spray wax / gloss product from Chemical Guys called Blazin' Banana Carnauba Spray Wax after a good wash.

That product is very easy to use - no buffing needed - and takes all of about 20-25 minutes to do the entire SUV - including chrome, glass, headlights, etc. A quick task, good UV protection, and terrific shine.

Walmart even sells this for about $15 per 16 oz bottle, but I get the 1/2 gallon (64 oz) container of it from Chemical Guys on sale for $24 - about 4 Walmart bottles for $9 more. Best spray wax (and easiest to apply) that I've ever used. This makes keeping things fast and easy on a weekend - worth the 20 minutes.

To do a full detailing, (6 steps - wash, clay bar, polish, glaze, sealant wax, spray wax) it takes me about 2 hours - so plenty of weekend left. I have a Dual Action (DA) polisher I use for the polish and glaze steps, which cut those steps in half time-wise.

When I do that full treatment, I also do my wife's car...hers also takes about 2 hours. That full job is only done every 4-5 months or so - twice/year would be fine.

I'd love to see how other folks have detailed their own cars.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Thanks for that feedback!

I hear ya. I have a full-time job and also travel for work somewhat regularly...so weekends are when I do all the other things I want to or need to do. I consider cleaning and then spray waxing the car "therapy".. :laugh:

in between doing a full detailing job here...after washing the SUV, I use a very good spray wax / gloss product from Chemical Guys called Blazin' Banana

Carnauba is the best wax for the job. Haven't tried this particular product...yet....sounds like what a lazy guy might want..:laugh:

Spray Wax after a good wash.

That product is very easy to use - no buffing needed - and takes all of about 20-25 minutes to do the entire SUV - including chrome, glass, headlights, etc. A quick task, good UV protection, and terrific shine.

Walmart even sells this for about $15 per 16 oz bottle, but I get the 1/2 gallon (64 oz) container of it from Chemical Guys on sale for $24 - about 4 Walmart bottles for $9 more. Best spray wax (and easiest to apply) that I've ever used. This makes keeping things fast and easy on a weekend - worth the 20 minutes.

To do a full detailing, (6 steps - wash, clay bar, polish, glaze, sealant wax, spray wax) it takes me about 2 hours - so plenty of weekend left. I have a Dual Action (DA) polisher I use for the polish and glaze steps, which cut those steps in half time-wise.

When I do that full treatment, I also do my wife's car...hers also takes about 2 hours. That full job is only done every 4-5 months or so - twice/year would be fine.

I'd love to see how other folks have detailed their own cars.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carnauba is the best wax for the job. Haven't tried this particular product...yet....sounds like what a lazy guy might want :laugh:...
LOL :grin2:

Yeah...spray on...count to 10, wipe off (no buffing required).

Even a cave man can do it. >:D

·
Registered
427 Posts
honestly, I just powerwash the grime a few times during summer, and carwash a few times during winter when there is too much salt on it.... and damp rag/vacuum once a year or so... I don't have time to bother with more cleaning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts