Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have found a Katzkin leather kit for a 2009 sonata (transform), i drive the 2006 NF, does anyone know if the kit will actually fit? or can it be modified slightly? The price is cheap for a katzkin kit that is why i am debating to see if i can make it work?!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i dont think the seats changed (just the tilt/angle on the drivers seat) should work.

link please

·
Registered
990 Posts
The differance i have noticed is that in our cars or up to at least 07 we have just 2 head rests for the rear seats the 09-10 and possibly the 08's have 3 headrests in the rear other than that i think there the same ive found katzkins kit on eBay for a little under 400

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you guys think it will work lol? i am contacting the ebay member directly he is letting it got for 250

·
Registered
990 Posts
With a lil work im sure itll be fine the worst part will be the rear top half where the extra headrest should be but im sure something can be figured out at that price might as well if its black in color i might just have to try it out lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its is beige in color and i am going to buy it the only other comapny i have seen is pecca or something like that and all the other katzkin kits are like 650.Anyone have any objections to my purchase?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
no, but i have an objection on u keeping the link a secret for us... lol
is it only one set thats up for grabs?
if not please link me or pm me info i would really like a leather int.
thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there is only one kit so i will let you know how it goes and post a writeup on how to install etc wish me luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
So it's called " Katzkin " ... Am I the only one who finds the humor in this? Kat zkin ... Cat Skin ... ???

"Oooo, Ahhhh! Now you can add a touch of luxury to your Hyundai with this genuine Cat Skin leather kit. We use only the finest hides, from the most exotic breeds of stray cat imported from the streets of Colombia."

Wouldn't those hides be a little thin, and wear out a little too quickly? :grin:

Sorry guys, but I just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does anyone know which leather brand is better? Pecca, Katzkin, or Roadwire leathers? I've heard that Roadwire was the first manufacturer in the game, but I would like to know how they rate compared to each other. If anyone has any insight, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts