Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know that I saw over on the Optima forums that K5 Optima Store is having a group buy as well for the Utune. This is the LINK to it. This is the pricing and info breakdown for it:

This group buy will run for only 30 days or until we reach 15 members paid. At the end of that time all credits and refunds will be issued.

Pricing will be as followed:

1-2 Buyers: $649.95 shipped
3-5 Buyers: $600.00 shipped
6-9 Buyers: $575.00 shipped
10 Buyers: $550.00 shipped
11-14 Buyers: $540.00 shipped
15 + Buyers $525.00 shipped

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I don't know if your supposed to post pricing info....

there is a reason he asks people to pm for the pricing....

but I'm down for a group buy :D

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well he had the pricing up at one point and that's when I copied them and made this thread. You can't edit these threads on this site for some reason. Oh and as of now we are up to 9 people paid and 13 committed for this group buy!

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is my take on the UTune so far. It has definitely awakened this sleepy beast. I have had a few WOT pulls so far and every time it spun in first and second. I haven’t had a chance to do any timed runs, but I will soon. On everyday driving (speeding up very slowly to save gas) I found it accelerating quicker and with ease. I barely push the throttle down and it pulls right away. No dead zone feel in the throttle, when you push it and it reacts and speeds up. I used the torque app and was able to see that my highest boost was at 21psi after a couple of WOT pulls. I haven’t had much time to test everything out, but loading the tune was very simple and only took a couple of minutes to sync to car, load the stock tune and 93 octane tune on it. There are no sputtering and no hiccups. I am running the stock plugs as well at the default plug gap settings. These are my initial impressions as of now. I will report back soon with video's and some 0-60 times.

EDIT: Here is a short burnout I did with traction control off and windows down. It spun in first and second.

Youtube video of me spinning the tires

Here is 2 different runs in the same video. I did one run and then turned around for the second pull. Both video's are on the same road just in oppisite directions. It's with traction on and regular drive (non sport mode). I live in a hilly and curvy country town so I only have a few roads long enough to take off at. When it shifts at 60 it hits hard and really pulls compared to the stock tune. It looks like both pulls are around a high 5 second 0-60mph runs.

Youtube video of 2 0-80mph runs

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UTune has a dyno of a stock car making 265/268 and someone else has dyon'ed it with a injen intake and full nameless exhaust making 272/281. I am going to try and get my car dyno'ed by the end of the month to see what I get. I am waiting on the CP-E downpipe to come out so I can get some data on that dyno so I can send it in to get a custom tune made for my car.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wow, 272/281 to the front wheels? That's insane. Those videos are great.

Anyone have 1/4 timeslips? I saw guys on sonataturbo forums are in low [email protected] I was expecting mid/high 13's?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
272/281 is really darn good actually.

I wanna see someone with the Utune, FMIC, intake, and full-exhaust.

Should be 300+hp, no?
When I get the module... and I have an extra hundie laying around.... I'll put it on the dyno and get a re-map done.

I don't think it will crack the 300 mark... but with full boltons it should be pretty darn close.

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm planning on heading to the track next Friday night with a couple of other forum members. I will post some time slips up after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts