Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm dubdubks and live in SoCal.
I went in to K&N engineering to give my car for 5days to test for Cold Air Intake for 2011 Hyundai sonata.
Previously, Daddy_O posted samething about this and I went in as a second testing car.
After they finish testing on my car, the supervisor told me that they need one more car for testing heat shield on the intake.

So if any of you are interested, please let me know so I can contact them.
If you let them use your car for testing, they will give you a FREE COLD AIR INTAKE
after they finish the production, which will be about two months after completing the test.

*This is for Socal only. The company is in Riverside.

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK dropped off my car at K&N World Headquarters today. They'll have it for 7 days, apparently heat shield is what they're testing for the cold air intake (CAI). They provided me with a new Mazda 3 rental for the week, plus a tank of gas. They'll also install one of the finished systems for FREE when done with production in 2 months. They said the heat shield is the most complicated part of the system.

Looking forward to the new CAI in the car :thumbsup:

I will miss my car though :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (SanDiegoDrive @ Aug 12 2010, 06:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349042
OK dropped off my car at K&N World Headquarters today. They'll have it for 7 days, apparently heat shield is what they're testing for the cold air intake (CAI). They provided me with a new Mazda 3 rental for the week, plus a tank of gas. They'll also install one of the finished systems for FREE when done with production in 2 months. They said the heat shield is the most complicated part of the system.

Yeah. I also got an email from K&N that you are dropping off today.
I believe I got the same rental car as you did and power on that car [email protected]!!!!!
And YES they are giving CAI for FREE just for giving them our cars.hahahaha
Hope to hear more from you after you get the car back!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (SanDiegoDrive @ Aug 12 2010, 06:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349042

I believe I got the same rental car as you did and power on that car [email protected]!!!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
You guys rock!!!! When I had my Ranger it took YEARS for parts to come out, and when they did, they didn't last long because of low sales.

On a side note, I posted a follow up question with JL about a Stealthbox and they said "coming VERY soon" so it looks like we will have a ton of parts for this car ASAP. Amazing how fast everything is coming out for a first year car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (jdugan4859 @ Aug 12 2010, 09:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349050
You guys rock!!!! When I had my Ranger it took YEARS for parts to come out, and when they did, they didn't last long because of low sales.

On a side note, I posted a follow up question with JL about a Stealthbox and they said "coming VERY soon" so it looks like we will have a ton of parts for this car ASAP. Amazing how fast everything is coming out for a first year car.

Received e-mail from K&N August 6, 2010, that the air filter is tested and approved. Part number is 33-2448 for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited.

·
Registered
32 Posts
QUOTE (dubdubks @ Aug 12 2010, 08:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349047
Yeah, I can't wait to get my car back lol

Its like day & night going from our cars to the rentals

·
Registered
32 Posts
Went to pick to up my car today and when I got it back the engineer also handed me the baseline of the SAE wheel hp on the stock engine after they finished with it on the dyno. Result was 198HP....to the wheels on stock engine with stock intake :grin:

He couldn't tell me how many hp gain the intake gave on the dyno with it installed yet since it not suppose to be released, but said it got good gains with the intake on the engine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
good ****....and i now know the "our car to rental" feeling........something went wrong with my brake switch where i couldnt push the brake pedal in to start the car, so i am now driving a nissan versa :( lol.

but i can't wait for the intake, thank you guys for lending your vehicles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
QUOTE (SanDiegoDrive @ Aug 19 2010, 06:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350563
Went to pick to up my car today and when I got it back the engineer also handed me the baseline of the SAE wheel hp on the stock engine after they finished with it on the dyno. Result was 198HP....to the wheels on stock engine with stock intake :grin:

He couldn't tell me how many hp gain the intake gave on the dyno with it installed yet since it not suppose to be released, but said it got good gains with the intake on the engine. :thumbsup:
Nice... I wasn't sure if Hyundai's numbers were WHP or BHP when they released the specs. What was the stock torque?

Could they comment on any release date?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll have to run out to the car later and get you the torque numbers, but they told me about 2 months to get through all the red tape required to get a new intake system to market.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Would have loved a dyno of my car, but I am pretty sure that they wanted stock cars for this. Oh well... maybe after this gets released I will install and dyno.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts