Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellows!
Regards from Costa Rica...

I would like to install a K&N Air Intake to my Accent 1.6L 2013...

Do you know if the Hyundai Accent 1.6L uses the same engine as the Veloster 1.6L (1.6 Gamma GDi)??

If this is true, then we can install the following K&N Air Intake

Check the installation guide

Accent Engine

Veloster Engine

Does anyone already installed this intake? (that can share the feedback... :D )

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
si, es el mismo motor. en teoria le debe funcionar pero yo tu tengo cuidado con los CAI ya que puede dar problemas el acomodarlo. un SRI no debe dar ningun problema y debe caer perfecto

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yes, it will work. Multiple threads on this topic already.
Search the forum.

For our lingually challenged members, Google Translate is your friend ;)
Google Translate

erPopu is suggesting that ALX09 consider a SRI instead of a CAI to avoid potential problems (plus, it's an easier installation)

·
Registered
175 Posts
his first word was "Si" :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Accent and veloster is the same engine on 1.6. For your accent the intake works fine.Just remember the constant rains here and the beautiful streets.
If you like a hi-flow filter, without a risk to drink water, use K&N reenplace filter.

Call to valverde racing and ask about a conical filter, and search a tube in Gigante, https://www.facebook.com/valverde.racing?fref=ts also call to proautos
https://www.facebook.com/proautos.sa?fref=ts

Mae yo anduve en las mismas el intake se acomoda bien, se mete pode debajo de la caja del depurador actual, y queda sobre el cobertor plastico bajo el bummper. La vara es que una lluevia que le llegue a media llanta y listo trago agua

PD: Accent HMS ? o pinto los aros

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello fellows!

Appreciate your replies!!

I confirmed with the Hyundai Authorized Dealer at my country that both cars used the same engine, therefore you could use this K&N SRI 69-5304TS without any issues...

($259.41 @ amazon.com)

The bad news (for me) is that if I installed this SRI I lose the guarantee over the engine :dry:

KDM how does the K&N 33-2472 (replacement AF) worked for you?

PD: Mae pv por la recomendacion!!
Si el bichillo es un HMS.
Una pregunta la tapa del motor de su carro que dice GDI ud la compro o asi venia?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Look into the Injen SRI and CAI. In fact, the CAI can be installed as an SRI if you wish. There's no reason to go with the SRI over the CAI though, unless you drive through flooded streets.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hello fellows!

Appreciate your replies!!

I confirmed with the Hyundai Authorized Dealer at my country that both cars used the same engine, therefore you could use this K&N SRI 69-5304TS without any issues...

($259.41 @ amazon.com)

The bad news (for me) is that if I installed this SRI I lose the guarantee over the engine :dry:

KDM how does the K&N 33-2472 (replacement AF) worked for you?

PD: Mae pv por la recomendacion!!
Si el bichillo es un HMS.
Una pregunta la tapa del motor de su carro que dice GDI ud la compro o asi venia?

About the K&N 33-2472 it works fine, add a little different sound on engine, and increase a little the power.

The engine cover, I bring it of Korea, replace the GDI emblem sanding, and add a different.
About the warranty, don't worry grupo Q ever said the same thing. The SRI could be replace ever time that you go to the workshop, just take some minutes. Feel free to do modification , it´s your car, but ever try to do a reversible modifications, because if you need sold the car, remove it and ready :mad:

Would be very nice you could go to Hyundai Club meeting, here on Costa Rica to take a picture of us cars. Mine is´not HMS but the wheels are black, and some "extras" that i put it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
$260 for a modification that will do next to nothing in hp gains, an arguably will suck more hot air than warm seems like a pretty raw deal, but to each his own.

·
Registered
305 Posts
$260 for a modification that will do next to nothing in hp gains, an arguably will suck more hot air than warm seems like a pretty raw deal, but to each his own.
I would have to agree for the most part. After using K&N filters for a few years I came to the conclusion that you have to have a certain level of hp/torque to make it a worthwhile investment when using an SR or CAI. That's if the car is stock...if it's modified then it can be another story but even then sometimes not. That's excluding the perennial debate if a K&N ( or similar product ) filters well enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts