Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats! Love to bow, its a nice touch.

Did you get the 6-speed or DCT?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Summit Grey is a great color. I wanted Electric Blue Metallic since I like blue, but it wouldn't match with my Caribbean Blue Tucson. The Scarlet Red was nice too. Hyundai had good color options for the GT, except the silver. Wasn't a fan of the silver

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great looking car.Congratulations!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's some more shots of the GT Sport in my driveway.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
More pics to come! The drive home was a wonderful feeling.

Chose a Hyundai over a BMW?

Hmmm...could be people are getting smarter? :D

Nice. I'm almost jealous!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. Absolutely. I wouldn't have bought it without the Sport Tech package.

I mean, it's a lot of stuff for a few grand:

Panoramic sunroof
8-inch navigation system
Blue Link® Telematics System
Blue Link® Connected Care Package (3-year complimentary service)
Blue Link® Remote Package (3-year complimentary service)
Blue Link® Guidance Package (3-year complimentary service)
Ventilated seats
Power driver seat with lumbar support
Infinity® Premium Audio with 7 speakers including subwoofer
Clari-Fi™ Music Restoration Technology
Wireless charging pad
Smart Cruise Control with stop/start capability
Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
Forward Collision Warning
Lane Keep Assist
High Beam Assist
Driver Attention Alert
Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Blue Link®, HomeLink® and compass

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree, I bought the same car 3 weeks ago with the Tech Package.
I had a 2016 Tucson before this, with its tech pkg. I am writing about the automatic emergency braking in particular. With the Tucson it worked great... giving a beeping sound and dash lighting up if its warning me of something in front.
The GT however has shown zero signs of it working. Nothing. I have purposely tried to make it engage and should have certainly had some feedback from the AEB, but get nothing.
It's at the dealer now for the past 5 days. Initially they told me they can't get anything from another one on their lot to do anything either.
Now I'm told after they spoke to a number of people at Hyundai that if it's engaged? It's working as designed??!!
So it's ready to be picked up.
I'm at a loss, it doesn't do what the owners manual says it will, it doesn't do what Hyundai shows in ads that it's supposed to do.
I was curious if you were familiar with the AEB, have tried it and what your results were if you had.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've had the car less than 24 hours, so I haven't purposely tried to run into something yet. :)

The manual does say there are several things that have to happen for it to activate:

Prerequisite for activation

The AEB system is on and ready when AEB is selected on the LCD display and when the following prerequisites are satisfied:

• The ESC (Electronic Stability Control) is on.
  • Driving speed exceeds approximately 6mph (10km/h). (The AEB is only activated within a certain speed range.)
  • The system detects a pedestrian or a vehicle in front, which may collide with your vehicle. (The AEB may not be activated or may sound a warning alarm in accordance with the driving situation or vehicle
    condition.)
So maybe those conditions haven't been met in your testing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm at a loss, it doesn't do what the owners manual says it will, it doesn't do what Hyundai shows in ads that it's supposed to do.
I was curious if you were familiar with the AEB, have tried it and what your results were if you had.
Thanks
Well, I just tried pulling into my garage at over 6mph and I set the forward collision warning to Early. and I too got no response. No beeps. Nothing on the display.

It's definitely got a checkbox on for it in the Settings.

I'll have to do more testing tomorrow and see what's going on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've tested it about 2 dozen times, everything set as its supposed to be, and nothing happens. Like I said earlier, I owned another Hyundai before this one and it worked as described on that vehicle.
I seriously wonder if somehow something was missed in the factory during assembly?
Please let me how your future testing goes.
I am going to try to get mine to another dealer for a second opinion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, I would not. The AEB system was one of the most important things to me to have in a new car. I love the car...the look, the feel, incredible options, just a whole lot for the money. But, personally to me it's not what I've paid for.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree, I bought the same car 3 weeks ago with the Tech Package.
I had a 2016 Tucson before this, with its tech pkg. I am writing about the automatic emergency braking in particular. With the Tucson it worked great... giving a beeping sound and dash lighting up if its warning me of something in front.
The GT however has shown zero signs of it working. Nothing. I have purposely tried to make it engage and should have certainly had some feedback from the AEB, but get nothing.
It's at the dealer now for the past 5 days. Initially they told me they can't get anything from another one on their lot to do anything either.
Now I'm told after they spoke to a number of people at Hyundai that if it's engaged? It's working as designed??!!
So it's ready to be picked up.
Thanks
How do you like your Elantra compared to the Tucson? I have a 2016 Tucson that I really like and probably will keep. I'm looking the the Elantra GT hatch but I'm also looking at the Honda Civic EX-L hatch. I like em both.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love the car, and the value... but I couldn't give you an answer just yet. Because of the AEB issue, I haven't had enough time with my car. I've owned it for 25 days and it's been at the dealership for 13 of those and still is as I write this

How do you like your Elantra compared to the Tucson? I have a 2016 Tucson that I really like and probably will keep. I'm looking the the Elantra GT hatch but I'm also looking at the Honda Civic EX-L hatch. I like em both.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
188 Posts
It works. I thought the same thing you did initially. Someone cut in front of me on the Interstate trying to take an exit on the right from the center lane with no warning. AEB screamed and went through the three stages (warning, collision warning, emergency braking) in a matter of seconds. It preloads the brakes so when I hit them I was able to avoid the idiot.

All these electronics aids are basically trust exercises. I've unwilling tried BSD and AEB and they both kept me from getting creamed. You can set detection early, normal, and late. I have mine on early.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It works. I thought the same thing you did initially. Someone cut in front of me on the Interstate trying to take an exit on the right from the center lane with no warning. AEB screamed and went through the three stages (warning, collision warning, emergency braking) in a matter of seconds. It preloads the brakes so when I hit them I was able to avoid the idiot.

All these electronics aids are basically trust exercises. I've unwilling tried BSD and AEB and they both kept me from getting creamed. You can set detection early, normal, and late. I have mine on early.

Ive tried mine under all the settings and under all conditions, I have had no response of any kind.
I am glad yours works and I wish you the best of luck with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ive tried mine under all the settings and under all conditions, I have had no response of any kind.
I am glad yours works and I wish you the best of luck with it.
Color me skeptical that something as litigious prone and liability inducing for the manufacturer as these driving aids could fail without any type of code being thrown in the ECM.

When I thought mine wasn't working I tried to test it too but ran out of balls and intervened before it did. "Under all conditions" would require hitting something to prove it didn't work. I didn't go there and I assume you didn't/wouldn't either.

I'm curious what the outcome of your case will be.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts