Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just lowered my car 2.5 inches all around will post pics tomorrow because i finished and drove around the block to settle my suspension right before the rain came. so... Ahh the suspense.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you get an alignment yet? If so, did you need a camber kit with the 2.5" drop?? Just curious........

Can't wait to see the pics!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Which brand did you use? For a 2.5 drop? D2 is the only one that claims a 2" drop. I have seen nothing bigger than that.......except coilovers of course.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope it settles some more as I drive around. If not I may try to extend my top hats. Not going coil overs as this is a budget build. But I actually am going to negative camber my rears a little.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hope it settles some more as I drive around. If not I may try to extend my top hats. Not going coil overs as this is a budget build. But I actually am going to negative camber my rears a little.
I am with you on the coil overs man!! I don't have $1500.00 to drop on that....wife and 3 kids won't have that!! lol!

Which brand springs though?????? That is the $$ question.....

I am getting ready to buy springs on a "partial" sponsorship I just got an e-mail about today!! Getting about 50% off on the set and all I have to do is send the before and after pics......deal IMO!! lol!

·
Registered
788 Posts
2.5" :confused: I lowered mine a total of 1.5 inches all the way around and mine looks as low as yours. What type of springs did you use?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am with you on the coil overs man!! I don't have $1500.00 to drop on that....wife and 3 kids won't have that!! lol!

Which brand springs though?????? That is the $$ question.....

I am getting ready to buy springs on a "partial" sponsorship I just got an e-mail about today!! Getting about 50% off on the set and all I have to do is send the before and after pics......deal IMO!! lol!
are you being sponsored by a local company or a website or something? I want to do mods to my sonata but don't want to shell out the major expenses to do it.. how did you go about doing it? PM me if you want...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thin you also had 19" gen coupe wheels. I have 18's. If I have smaller wheels and less tire and we have similar gaps, then my drop is lower

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
incorrect my friend.. ive seen a ton of sonatas with 18's on hnr and 19's.. they look the same. like yours.. the tire difference you speak f between the 2 is very very minimal. the circumference has to remain within a certain window or you will throw off you mph, gas consumption , cause tranny issues etc.. bigger rim thinner tire ... smaller rim thicker tire

·
Registered
144 Posts
congrats.. but on the real.. that does not look like 2.5 at all. looks like mine did when i had HnR springs with a 1.5 inch drop
are you being sponsored by a local company or a website or something? I want to do mods to my sonata but don't want to shell out the major expenses to do it.. how did you go about doing it? PM me if you want...
I will pm you. I am going to work on getting a coupon code for everyone to use, but i am going to be the guinea pig first lol.

Sponsorships are fairly easy to get. You simply ask and you can get full or partial. Did it a lot when i rode dirt bikes.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I will pm you. I am going to work on getting a coupon code for everyone to use, but i am going to be the guinea pig first lol.

Sponsorships are fairly easy to get. You simply ask and you can get full or partial. Did it a lot when i rode dirt bikes.
Fairly easy to get sometimes. Not that easy for the more expensive stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts