Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Any idea where they are manufactured/processed?

I am close to a juncture to put new ones on up front and starting to look around.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had R1 rotors on my truck for a few years, loved them, looked great, and never had any issues with them.

If they can help stop that thing then I'm sure they will be good on this car. I also used hawk pads. That thing stopped **** good.

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
284 Posts
R1 Concepts makes really high-quality products!

I'm a huge fan and I would highly recommend them to anybody

Lookin' good OP +1

Nick C.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Bear, they most likely use centric premium rotors and just Mill them. years ago when I ordered from them for my altima the rotors came in a beck arnley box lol. R1 concepts products are good, no doubt about that. And they also provide decent pads as well (centric). Im going with powerstop. 271.00 plus shipping for pads and rotors all around. check rockauto.com

·
Registered
223 Posts
Probably china. Its hard to find rotors that are still made in USA/Canada.. Anyways, the best metallic rotors are the heaviest ones.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I've had the drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads from R1 for over a year now. My only complaints are with the pads. The rotors should work fine and they definetely add a sportier look. Paint the calipers red are you're set.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I am usually an EBC man. I don't need drilled/slotted as I don't track the car in any fashion. Blanks and Red or Yellow is usually good enough for me. And its UK gray steel. While a nice thick face is good, you also want to take into account quality of pour when the rotor is cast too.

However just the fronts for EBC are about the same for all four corners R1. The reason I am even slightly hesitating getting my usual EBC is we are not sure how long we want to keep this car.

And as for the turning down of rotors. Its almost impossible to find anybody that does it anymore. We used to have two in our entire city and one no longer does it and the other wants 20 bucks per rotor which is outrageous.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I still turn rotors... 15 a pop. Those brake lathe bits are expensive...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Is there anything wrong with using the house brand rotors from a autobone or o'reilly?? I dont need anything high performance, just something comparable to OE.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Is there anything wrong with using the house brand rotors from a autobone or o'reilly?? I dont need anything high performance, just something comparable to OE.
nope, those are fine.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts