Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I installed my HID kit this afternoon. Was kind of a pain to install the left side because it was a small area to work with. I got DDM 55w 6000k HID kit.

So I turn on the HIDs today and WOW what a mess, it's aimed horribly and the left side is aimed DOWN and to the left and the right side is aimed ok .. But def. not aimed towards the road, i honestly got 3 feet of light. complete mess lol

but question is I seen the area where you adjust the headlights are, but did you guys have to adjust your headlights to?

And any tips to make it look absolutely even from that cut off? Wish I took a pic but eh, wanted quick answers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Sep 18 2010, 07:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357104
Alright so I installed my HID kit this afternoon. Was kind of a pain to install the left side because it was a small area to work with. I got DDM 55w 6000k HID kit.

So I turn on the HIDs today and WOW what a mess, it's aimed horribly and the left side is aimed DOWN and to the left and the right side is aimed ok .. But def. not aimed towards the road, i honestly got 3 feet of light. complete mess lol

but question is I seen the area where you adjust the headlights are, but did you guys have to adjust your headlights to?

And any tips to make it look absolutely even from that cut off? Wish I took a pic but eh, wanted quick answers.

I got similar results before I realized I had installed the bulbs upside down. The flat side with the tab on the base faces down when you insert the bulb in the socket. This is evidently opposite of most cars. HUGE difference when installed properly!

[attachment=20313:Xenon_Bulb.jpg]

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh, thats def. what it is then. Because we just put in the bulbs and called it a day. lol... We did adjust the lights though thinking it would do any good but it did open the width but nothing else. But my friend said we're going to fix it on monday.

So that white strip outside the bulb needs to be facing down if I'm not mistaken, correct?

Did you adjust your headlights for any reason after?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It should only fit one way properly. One side is flat with a little piece that sticks down. It actually fits into a groove in the car's bulb housing. You could install it upside down but the clip holding the bulb in would not properly secure the bulb.

Shouldn't need to adjust anything. If it's still off when installed right then the problem is probably with the bulb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts