Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 27.2MPG!!!! Ha, but in the car's defense I was facing a constant 15mph headwind (gusts of 25-30mph) at 80mph. Ha.

Car still felt planted, never pushed around at all. Couldn't even feel the headwind except in the wallet:)

·
22,793 Posts
It was 27.2MPG!!!! Ha, but in the car's defense I was facing a constant 15mph headwind (gusts of 25-30mph) at 80mph. Ha.

Car still felt planted, never pushed around at all. Couldn't even feel the headwind except in the wallet:)
Why so slow? Going uphill, too? ROF 27.2, in a headwind w/gusts? Doesn't sound that bad to me. :thumbsup:

Something to ponder: Imagine traveling the other direction, gusts at your back, at 60-62. I'll venture a guess that you would see 48-50 mpg.

You'd be amazed at how well that big back end will push you along with a decent tail wind.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why so slow? Going uphill, too? ROF 27.2, in a headwind w/gusts? Doesn't sound that bad to me. :thumbsup:

Something to ponder: Imagine traveling the other direction, gusts at your back, at 60-62. I'll venture a guess that you would see 48-50 mpg.

You'd be amazed at how well that big back end will push you along with a decent tail wind.
Yeah I'd love to have been traveling with that as my tailwind! I think you'd EASILY see 45-50 mpg at 60!

And going slow because I don't like paying for speeding tickets:)

·
22,793 Posts
I have seen 50 mph winds at my back during a 20 mile stretch up the interstate. At 60 mph, I was anywhere from 55-63 mpg.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Traveling north on us 89 out of Flagstaff with a brisk wind behind I averaged 58 mpg until I got to the Navajo bridge over the Colorado river. That was starting at 8400 ft and ending at 2000 with 65 speed limit. I ended the tank at 46 mpg after climbing back to 9000 ft at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Walt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts