Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About an hour ago, I received a call from one of the dealers I have been working with. My top choice, a 2011 Sonata Limited 2.0T in Venetian Red arrived on the truck this afternoon. I did not order it.

Any pricing wisdom on the following would be appreciated:

(1) 2011 Sonata Limited 2.0T
(2) Venetian Red
(3) Navigation package (minor interest)
(4) Pin stripe (dealer installed - not interested)
(5) Paint sealant (dealer installed - not interested)
(6) iPod cable
(7) cargo net
(8) cargo mat
(9) carpeted floor mats
(10) 30% window tinting
(11) 5 years or 60,000 mile free filter and oil changes $ No Charge
(12) Freight & destination fee:
(13) Dealer Fees (detailed breakdown)
(14) (a) Sales Tax @ 6.25
(15) (B) Documentary Fee
(16) © Deputy Service Fee
(17) (d) Govt. Lic & Reg. fee
(18) (e) Dealer's Inv. Tax
(19) (f) Inspection fee
(20) Other fees, describe in detail
(21) Out the door price

I plan to take a 20+ mile test drive. Other recommendations?

I will probably go with Hyundai financing.

Bill Siegrist
[email protected]

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (BillSiegrist @ Dec 18 2010, 05:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381239
About an hour ago, I received a call from one of the dealers I have been working with. My top choice, a 2011 Sonata Limited 2.0T in Venetian Red arrived on the truck this afternoon. I did not order it.

(1) 2011 Sonata Limited 2.0T 25,266____________Pearl White extra $182
(2) Venetian Red
(3) Navigation package (minor interest) 1,911____________
(6) iPod cable 27____________
(7) cargo net 41____________
(8) cargo mat 76____________
(9) carpeted floor mats 80__________
(10) 30% window tinting
(12) Freight & destination fee: 720___________
(14) (a) Sales Tax @ 6.25 2,416.58___________
(15) (B) Documentary Fee 55__________
(19) (f) Inspection fee
(20) Other fees, describe in detail 411.75____________ (License=$316 Registration/Transfer/ Title=$67
Calif. Tire fees=$8.75 Smog abatement fee=$20)

(21) Out the door price 30,446.33___________</span>

Bill Siegrist
[email protected]

<span style="color:#0000FF">Hi Bill,
Here is a run down on what I paid. Your tax is a lot less because ours is 8.75% All of the costs above for options are all at dealer invoice price not dealer MSRP minus $1,000 under dealer invoice for the car. Hope this helps! -Al
P.S. I would be very surprised if they let you test drive it 20 miles. They dont want to put excessive miles on a car if you are not going to buy that one. The next guy comes along and there are many miles on his car isnt good. I wouldnt want to know that someone or many people drove my car on test drives, you know what I mean?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BillSiegrist @ Dec 18 2010, 03:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381239

(1) 2011 Sonata Limited 2.0T
(2) Venetian Red
(3) Navigation package (minor interest)
(6) iPod cable
(7) cargo net
(8) cargo mat
(9) carpeted floor mats
(10) 30% window tinting
(12) Freight & destination fee:
(14) (a) Sales Tax @ 6.25
(15) (B) Documentary Fee
(19) (f) Inspection fee
(20) Other fees, describe in detail
(21) Out the door price

Bill Siegrist
[email protected]
The dealers offer:

MSRP --- $27,045.00
Nav Package --- $2,100
Floor Mats --- $100
Ipod --- $35
Cargo Net --- $50
Shipping --- $720

Total Suggested Sell price= $30,050

Our Dealer Adds:
Paint Sealant
Interior Protection
Vin Etch
$990 package took off the price but its on the vehicle

Window tint is on there so that will be a bonus
No Pin Stripe
$450 dollar package we took off the price.

Sale price after all discounts --- $27550.00

Tax Tittle and License --- $29,655.15

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (BillSiegrist @ Dec 18 2010, 08:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381275
The dealers offer:

MSRP --- $27,045.00
Nav Package --- $2,100
Floor Mats --- $100
Ipod --- $35
Cargo Net --- $50
Shipping --- $720

Total Suggested Sell price= $30,050

Our Dealer Adds:
Paint Sealant
Interior Protection
Vin Etch
$990 package took off the price but its on the vehicle

Window tint is on there so that will be a bonus
No Pin Stripe
$450 dollar package we took off the price.

Sale price after all discounts --- $27550.00

Tax Tittle and License --- $29,655.15
Sounds like a pretty good price to me! If you can get a Sonata 2.0T Limited with all the options or most of the options for around 30 grand I think you are doing well. A ton better than if you were to buy a comparable car from another manufacture with the same options!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (DWPTECH @ Dec 18 2010, 06:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381278
Sounds like a pretty good price to me! If you can get a Sonata 2.0T Limited with all the options or most of the options for around 30 grand I think you are doing well. A ton better than if you were to buy a comparable car from another manufacture with the same options!

Good evening DWPTECH

Thanks for sharing your pricing info. Your prices matched similar amounts that I had received from several Texas dealers earlier in the week with their offers. The comparison confirmed that these dealers were proving me with valid offers IE competitive pricing.

I made my offer to the salesman (via email). Of course, the sales manager had left for the evening.

The salesman will get back with me Monday. He is a sharp young man, probably one of the most professional car salesmen I have ever worked with.

I think it is a reasonable offer based on pricing I have seen around the forum, coupled with the dealer proposals. Hopefully on Tuesday I can add a few photos!

Bill

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bill,

i am also in the market for a new Sonata. Offers in CA were in the range of $25,100 for a pearl white Limited 2.0 no Navi, w/ the usual accessories(Ipod, floor mats, trunk mat,wheel locks...). Tax and DMV extra. Navigation was nice, but I would put the extra 2K into the down payment.

I have been on the fence on leasing limited 2.0 or purcasing a 2.4 SE. I was considering leasing because the of the Limited 2.0 price premium over the SE. My fear is resale value of Hyundai if I trade up in a year or two.

Best of luck to you

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (BillSiegrist @ Dec 18 2010, 11:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381317
Good evening DWPTECH

Thanks for sharing your pricing info. Your prices matched similar amounts that I had received from several Texas dealers earlier in the week with their offers. The comparison confirmed that these dealers were proving me with valid offers IE competitive pricing.

I made my offer to the salesman (via email). Of course, the sales manager had left for the evening.

The salesman will get back with me Monday. He is a sharp young man, probably one of the most professional car salesmen I have ever worked with.

I think it is a reasonable offer based on pricing I have seen around the forum, coupled with the dealer proposals. Hopefully on Tuesday I can add a few photos!

Bill
Bill,
I cant tell you how many hours I spent researching dealers and prices and how to get the best price and what to look out for. The dealer that just flat blew the others away was Glendora Hyundia here in SoCal. Right up front they offered $1,000 below invoice and agreed to give me all the options at dealer invoice as well which dealers just dont do. I was so impressed with the way this dealership operates! The internet salesman also told me that if I need anything from the parts department to see him first and I get an extra 15% off which is awesome! Sounds like you have it nailed Bill! Are you excited? You should be! Lets see those photos! -Al

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (Nephrodoc @ Dec 18 2010, 11:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381327
Bill,

i am also in the market for a new Sonata. Offers in CA were in the range of $25,100 for a pearl white Limited 2.0 no Navi, w/ the usual accessories(Ipod, floor mats, trunk mat,wheel locks...). Tax and DMV extra. Navigation was nice, but I would put the extra 2K into the down payment.

I have been on the fence on leasing limited 2.0 or purcasing a 2.4 SE. I was considering leasing because the of the Limited 2.0 price premium over the SE. My fear is resale value of Hyundai if I trade up in a year or two.

Best of luck to you
WOW! If you can get a Pearl White Limited 2.0T for 25,100 jump on it! I didnt realize you could get one without Nav. I thought all Limited's came with Nav. Also, the Pearl White is $200 extra no matter what deal you get, maybe the dealer will wave it but I doubt it, it's one of those things you just cant get around, but if you did thats awesome!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (DWPTECH @ Dec 19 2010, 10:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381427
WOW! If you can get a Pearl White Limited 2.0T for 25,100 jump on it! I didnt realize you could get one without Nav. I thought all Limited's came with Nav. Also, the Pearl White is $200 extra no matter what deal you get, maybe the dealer will wave it but I doubt it, it's one of those things you just cant get around, but if you did thats awesome!
Good morning Al & others,

As we say here in Texas, "It's a dun deal." We finished up last night. It was past midnight when I put down the 3 pound owner's manual and went to bed.

Here was my last offer to the dealer:
Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T --- $27,045
Exterior - Venetian Red
Navigation --- $1,911
iPod cable --- $27
Carpeted Floor Mats --- $76
Cargo Net --- $41
Cargo mat --- $76
Freight --- $720
Dealer ad on's: --- $1,400 package: paint sealant, upholstery protectant, vin # etch on windows, etc. --- I paid nothing for this.
SUBTOTAL: $29,896
TTL / Dealer Fee’s: $2,104
SUBTOTAL: $32,000
MY OFFER: $28,000

• No, Hyundai dealer logo on the Sonata Limited 2.0T
• 20+ mile test drive (Probably close to 30 miles, there was no "left pull" ... a few zoom zoom zooms from the turbo, but no left pull.)
• Initial plan, a 2.9% loan with Hyundai Finance

They countered at: $28,500 ... I accepted.
I got a 2.64% loan, five years, from Wells Fargo!!

Based on doing my homework around the web, dealer email bids from 3 Texas dealers, and very important, insights gained from you & others on the forum ... I believe it is an excellent deal.

Highly professional salesperson ... I can go on-and-on about him. I welcome the opportunity to share his info, please email me.

Thanks again for the solid support from everyone on the forum. I look forward to the opportunity to learn from you and also be a contributor.

Kind regards,

Bill Siegrist
[email protected]

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hey Congrats Bill!! Sounds like you really did a great job! Also nice to know that I'm not the only one NOT having a pulling problem! :banana: Sound like we're the only two in the country! :grin: Try to post some pics of it as soon as you can, I cant wait to see it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (DWPTECH @ Dec 22 2010, 04:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382316
Hey Congrats Bill!! Sounds like you really did a great job! Also nice to know that I'm not the only one NOT having a pulling problem! :banana: Sound like we're the only two in the country! :grin: Try to post some pics of it as soon as you can, I cant wait to see it!
I don't have a pull problem, either, on an SE turbo bought December 14 with a build date of September 23 (I don't know where the car was in the intervening months, but it was unused when purchased, with 11 miles). The pull-problem cars that I've read about here had a build date in November sometime, maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (gurekku @ Dec 22 2010, 10:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382383
I don't have a pull problem, either, on an SE turbo bought December 14 with a build date of September 23 (I don't know where the car was in the intervening months, but it was unused when purchased, with 11 miles). The pull-problem cars that I've read about here had a build date in November sometime, maybe that has something to do with it.
Hey we got three! :banana: LOL! :grin: I say that Jokingly because it seems all we hear on this site is about trouble and complaining. Not saying that the "Pull" isnt a problem and not saying that people are not having certain issues (so dont send me hate mail) :grin: but it's nice to hear something positive once in a while. Mine was born on November 3rd so I'm not sure about the November date you speak of, I thought it was cars built earlier. I dont know the date on the car we test drove either but it didnt pull. It was an SE turbo but we ended up buying the Limited. I'm guessing that the SE and the Limited we eventually bought were born close together. BTW, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the site! What color did you get?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (DWPTECH @ Dec 22 2010, 10:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382402
Hey we got three! :banana: LOL! :grin: I say that Jokingly because it seems all we hear on this site is about trouble and complaining. Not saying that the "Pull" isnt a problem and not saying that people are not having certain issues (so dont send me hate mail) :grin: but it's nice to hear something positive once in a while. Mine was born on November 3rd so I'm not sure about the November date you speak of, I thought it was cars built earlier. I dont know the date on the car we test drove either but it didnt pull. It was an SE turbo but we ended up buying the Limited. I'm guessing that the SE and the Limited we eventually bought were born close together.
Good morning Al,

About 12 months down the road, I would like to have a birthday party with a birthday cake with one candle on the top of it. Yes, you all are invited, please bring expensive Sonata accessories.

Help me out here ... how do I determine the "birth" date?

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (BillSiegrist @ Dec 22 2010, 11:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382405
Good morning Al,

About 12 months down the road, I would like to have a birthday party with a birthday cake with one candle on the top of it. Yes, you all are invited, please bring expensive Sonata accessories.

Help me out here ... how do I determine the "birth" date?
Good morning Bill!
When you open the drivers door? Look down just below the rear door hinge at the black label. It has date car was made, gross vehicle weight, paint and trim code etc.. What does yours say?
Hey thanks for the invite Bill! Always wanted to have one of those BIG TEXAS STEAKS! :grin: How about a new Poweraxel high horsepower tuner for a present? Oooops! It slipped, now I cant get that for you, I ruined the surprise! :bwekk: :grin:

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (gurekku @ Dec 22 2010, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382482
White. Looks like that's what you got, too, DWPTECH. I wonder why Hyundai charges extra for that color...Kia doesn't on the Optima, I see.
Yes we did, the White Pearl is just awesome in the sun! I haven't really looked into it and maybe someone else could chime in here but I think it's only on the Pearl colors. The solids and metalic colors did not have the extra charge. Is the Kia white in pearl? -Al

·
Registered
151 Posts
QUOTE (gurekku @ Dec 22 2010, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382482
White. Looks like that's what you got, too, DWPTECH. I wonder why Hyundai charges extra for that color...Kia doesn't on the Optima, I see.
I was told there is an extra step or coat of paint they have to put on for the pearl white so they charge extra. I have the Pearl White and love it. That and Black is the best color for this car. Didn't get black because my last car was black and it was a pain to keep clean and swirl mark free.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (tway @ Dec 23 2010, 01:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382649
I was told there is an extra step or coat of paint they have to put on for the pearl white so they charge extra. I have the Pearl White and love it. That and Black is the best color for this car. Didn't get black because my last car was black and it was a pain to keep clean and swirl mark free.
Excuse me ...

Al, based on all the wisdom you have shared with me, my interpretation, this is a sharp and insightful fellow (even though he lives in Southern California).

And, he has a good quote: "No one ever learned anything by doing it right the first time!" (Yes, you are about to learn a lesson about your first time color choice).

Everyone knows of course that one God's favorite colors is red (probably Venetian Red). Go to your shelves and pull off that dusty KJV Bible and start in Genesis (first color mentioned green). As you read all the way back to the maps, underline/highlight (yes, it is okay to write in your Bible) the number of times you see the word "red" (actually Venetian red). King James Version 52 times! Once for every week of the year. May you be so blessed that you see a Venetian red Sonata once every week for the rest of your life in SoCal.

Part of me, doesn't want to write the next part (maybe the devil is whispering in my ear), but the better angel is whispering, "William you need to write this." The color white (maybe Pearl white) is mentioned 66 times in the KJV. Thus as a result of my deep theological exegesis (Google it), I must conclude white (probably Pearl white) is our heavenly Father's favorite color.

And don't get me started on Phantom black!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts