Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself..picked up a Sonata SE in Phanton Black. Traded a 2007 Lexus IS350 for this and I have no regrets at all. The Sonata is actually more quiet and smoother, plus more feautures, cheaper on the payments and insurance! WIN WIN. Already got so much compliments. It looks amazing. Before I would have never considered Hyundai until recently. Gonna get it tinted 20% all around tomorrow.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (T-Man @ Aug 31 2010, 11:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353469
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself..picked up a Sonata SE in Phanton Black. Traded a 2007 Lexus IS350 for this and I have no regrets at all. The Sonata is actually more quiet and smoother, plus more feautures, cheaper on the payments and insurance! WIN WIN. Already got so much compliments. It looks amazing. Before I would have never considered Hyundai until recently. Gonna get it tinted 20% all around tomorrow.
:00000732:

I traded in the same car for a Sonata and I agree about having no regrets. I get far more compliments on my Sonata than on my Lexus, then again the IS is a dime a dozen where I live.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome! Team black in full effect^^^^

·
Registered
817 Posts
:00000732: to the board, T-Man!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Sonata and you'll find a lot of helpful folks here.

More win-win!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just took delivery o my Phantom Black SE last friday. I traded in a 2007 Chevy Cobalt....what an improvment. Im loving the car so far. I live in a small town and there are no other Sonata's much less another SE in the area. I have recieved tons of compliments and stares...I would like to think its my good looks but i know it the car. Only thing i wish i could have gotten was a sunroof without the Nav package....

·
Registered
670 Posts
Aloha and :00000732: to both T-bone and Shockergeek. You guys are gonna love your new ride. Enjoy and good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too took delivery of a 2011 Phantom Black SE on Saturday. Traded in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Love the Sonata!!! 489 miles on the first tank!!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Sep 20 2010, 11:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357597
Now you know that's just gonna get everyone on the forums all mad..."are you ashamed of driving a sonata?" lol i took mine off too
LOL I love watching people stare at my car wondering what it is. My wife thought I was making it up till this past weekend when two people at two different stores stared at it while driving by real slow. She now understands the great feeling it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you guys like the SE? I test drove the SE and Limited Models this past Saturday and I love them both, but I'm loving the SE more, because of the better handling on the corners. I noticed the road noise is more prominent in the SE vs Limited. Wifey prefers a quiet cabin for her and the kids, but I love the Handling !! I can deal with road noise, but for how long? Looking to purchase in a few months time, but would like real world opinions on Pros vs Cons for the SE.

Thanks in advance !!

PS. I'm a proud owner of a 2007 Entourage Limited and used to own a 05 Elantra GT. I really miss that car !! sniff, sniff

·
Registered
817 Posts
I got a Limited so I can't help with pros and cons of the SE,

but,

having the wife and kids calm and happy trumps better handling in the curves

based on my experience.

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome, the black looks great! not as good as the pearl white though.... :) Funny, I ditched my 2007 IS250 for a 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax just after 4500 miles. Not regrets. I think this Sonata trumps the IS250!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well the black looks way better then white even when upside down! The road noise is fine in the SE. My wife and kids more noise then the road so I can't even hear it. If I am alone driving then the radio/mp3 player is going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely true on the wife and kid noise! Next question is, how do Low Profile tires handle in the snowy conditions? I know the SE's haven't seen any snow yet, but just wondering...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far have almost a 1000 miles on it. Dont miss the Lexus at all (maybe for the power) but the Sonata is really impressive. I think road noise in the SE is acceptable but could be improved with better tires, way quieter than my old 2008 Accord. Got it tinted 20% all around, looking cherry. Averaging 27 mpg. Minor complaints, is steering feel could be improved, and the buttons on the center stack is kinda hard to read at night. I really like the tiny details like the 3-blink signals and that the sun visor lights turn off when you close it..

Question, when is the first scheduled oil change?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts