Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car is insanely fast. Could not really go that fast, since we were driving around Irvine at lunchtime.
Not sure what differences the production version will have, but this car had no distinguishing features/badging.
One thing I noticed was the slight stutter when coming to a stop while in manual shifting mode is gone.

[attachment=20281:New_Image.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice! When you say "insanely fast", is there another car that you drove that is comparable? How is the turbo in comparison to the NA / non-turbo?

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (djmadfx @ Sep 16 2010, 12:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356571
Nice! When you say "insanely fast", is there another car that you drove that is comparable? How is the turbo in comparison to the NA / non-turbo?
Hahaha. When I think "insanely fast" and 4 doors, I think CTS-V and Panamera Turbo.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Eh kinda jelous. I never owned a car with less than 275hp. Dropped down to 200 with the sonata. Plenty for me I suppose. But that's sick how you said it's that quick. I don't even want to test drive one. I'll probably trade in the 2.4 haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Insanely fast when compared to my current 2011 GLS.
Granted this car will not gove the CTS-V or Panamera a run for the money.
My buddy who works in the Fountain Valley headquarters brought this car out for lunch

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (djmadfx @ Sep 16 2010, 02:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356571
When you say "insanely fast"....
That means he hasn't driven anything other than econoboxes :grin:. That car will be 'adequately' fast, probably in the high 6-sec range. Even a 'lowly' Mustang GT is in the 4-sec range now. OP better wear diapers if he drives one of those :bwekk:.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Eventhough I'm exited for the Turbo I'll probably never buy one. A four cylinder with a turbo and insanely fast shouldn't be in the same sentence. If you want a four door car insanely fast at this price range buy a Pontiac G8.

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (djmadfx @ Sep 16 2010, 02:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356571

The question that we need to ask is, will Hyundai provide a turbo kit for the rest of us that want to upgrade? I don’t want to void my warranty and I made to many modifications to trade up

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (Robert L @ Sep 16 2010, 12:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356654
The question that we need to ask is, will Hyundai provide a turbo kit for the rest of us that want to upgrade? I don’t want to void my warranty and I made to many modifications to trade up
Keep in mind that the Turbo Sonata is the 2.0L engine from the Genesis with a few modifications. The non Turbo Sonata is a completely different 2.4L engine.

So, while Im sure there will be some aftermarket companies developing turbo kits for the 2.4L, I highly doubt Hyundai would make anything available.

·
Registered
95 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Sep 16 2010, 01:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356652
Eventhough I'm exited for the Turbo I'll probably never buy one. A four cylinder with a turbo and insanely fast shouldn't be in the same sentence. If you want a four door car insanely fast at this price range buy a Pontiac G8.
You my friend, have never met this little two liter turbocharged inline four monster :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y6lIaGZA4w

QUOTE (Robert L @ Sep 16 2010, 01:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356654
You are being sarcastic right?

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Sep 16 2010, 09:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356643
That car will be 'adequately' fast, probably in the high 6-sec range.
If it's not in the low 6 to high 5 second range it would be a let down. V6 Camry is rated anywhere from 5.7 - 6.2 seconds.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Insanely fast to me is the 2010 corvette I drove the other day, talk about an adrenaline rush!

Hope this turbo breaks the 5's 0-60.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Turbo Press Event scheduled in Cal Oct 4th, 328 already built Turbos on the ground at factory in Alabama.
Shipping out (tentative ) Oct 11th.
Turbo Sonata has more HP (267 -274) the Genesis Coupe (210 , I think.)

·
Registered
623 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts