Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two Sonatas (SE totalled after 38 days), I just figured out that there's a little gizmo above the license plate that opens the trunk. I'd been pushing the dash button!

What an idiot!

:grin:

·
Registered
564 Posts
QUOTE (CCltd @ Sep 5 2010, 04:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354493
After two Sonatas (SE totalled after 38 days), I just figured out that there's a little gizmo above the license plate that opens the trunk. I'd been pushing the dash button!

What an idiot!

:grin:
That button above the license plate is only on Smart Key equipped Sonatas. Sonatas without Smart Key do not have that feature.

·
Registered
817 Posts
And, don't forget the "trunk release" button on the Smart Key.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (ryster @ Sep 5 2010, 04:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354500
That button above the license plate is only on Smart Key equipped Sonatas.
And you have to have the key around to work :grin:. Without the key around, it's just the inside button.

BMWs also have that button, but you can always open the trunk key or not, as long as car is not locked. Hyundai should have done the same :grin:.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am so glad we have this site: I didn't know that button existed, I was always opening the drivers door and using the dash button, guess we should all read the foot thick owners manual

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
I actually had to disable my trunk button on the remote, trunk, and dash with the little lock switch on the inside trunk latch because I kept hitting the trunk button in my pocket and walking out to my trunk wide open!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I found out at the dealership the salesman opended the trunk with no keys and I was like WTF. Lol then I seen the button when the trunk was open.

Pretty cool

·
Registered
738 Posts
I thought I was done learning new things about my mistress..... Thanks for the new tip..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was shown this magic button by my wife, after a friend with an Altima said she could not lock her keys in the trunk (smart key type) and that hers wouldn't let the trunk latch at all. So, with the doors locked, I tossed my keys in the trunk, and shut it. It beeped at me, signaling that the key was inside, but the doors remained locked, and the trunk was latched. hmmmm

I stood there scratching my head for 10 minutes trying to understand what level of stupidity I had reached, when my wife walked up and pushed the button and opened the trunk. Whew... I knew that! ;-)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I knew about the trunk button, but did NOT know that you could lock the car by touching the button on the door handle like you do to open it (on the keyless system, of course). The first few days I had the car I would unlock it by touching the button, but to lock it back up I'd stand outside the car, reach into my pocket for the remote, and hit the button.

Reading the instruction manual does wonderful things. LOL

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (tampajoe @ Sep 6 2010, 08:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354588
Reading the instruction manual does wonderful things. LOL
Yeah, but the plot is somewhat drawn out,

the illustrations often require descriptive explanations,

there is only one main character given almost obsessive development,

and it ends rather abruptly!

:wacko:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really enjoy not having to fumble with keys or reach into my pocket. I discovered the trunk button yesterday but u really have to push in on it because it's not really a button. Besides the thick owners manual, I'm so glad they threw in the lite quick overview version booklet as well.

·
Registered
817 Posts
And, don't forget, you can get PDF's of both by following the link(s) in my signature!

:eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (Tom Brodrick @ Sep 5 2010, 10:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354565
I was shown this magic button by my wife, after a friend with an Altima said she could not lock her keys in the trunk (smart key type) and that hers wouldn't let the trunk latch at all. So, with the doors locked, I tossed my keys in the trunk, and shut it. It beeped at me, signaling that the key was inside, but the doors remained locked, and the trunk was latched. hmmmm

I stood there scratching my head for 10 minutes trying to understand what level of stupidity I had reached, when my wife walked up and pushed the button and opened the trunk. Whew... I knew that! ;-)
When the key's in the trunk is it too far from the door for the door button to work? I always hoped that would work to get the keys out if I locked them in the trunk...before I knew about the trunk button.

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (Iceberg802 @ Sep 5 2010, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354523
I actually had to disable my trunk button on the remote, trunk, and dash with the little lock switch on the inside trunk latch because I kept hitting the trunk button in my pocket and walking out to my trunk wide open!
That doesn't seem right. I have to press and hold mine down several seconds before it opens the trunk. Just bumping it shouldn't open it. I've never had it open from being in my pocket.

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE (Iceberg802 @ Sep 5 2010, 06:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354523
My issue was similar but instead of opening the trunk the valet key would come away from the FOB in my pocket. No big deal just more of an annoyance. I bought one of those $16 FOB cases from Shark and that cured my problem. Might help you too because it makes it harder to just press up against your leg in your pocket. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts