Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we just bought an i10 Comfort, in the metallic blue. It's our first ever (and probably only! new car). We're collecting Thursday - can't wait!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, Just for your info you might want to read this forum on KNOWN problems on the i10!
I have a 59 1.2 Comforft and mine has had the following in the 5000 miles its done;

1. 3 clutches : This is due to a known fault with clutch judder.
In its mildest form, when pulling away, the revs can suddenly drop causing a stumble or can cause the car to stall.
In its worst form, when pulling away quickly, the car doesnt move just judders a huge amount.

2. 7 radios : Very cheap radios.
the biggest problem is poor radio reception, so check carefully.
The other is intermittant radio operation, usually after about 30 mins.
Also, when Hyundai change the radios, its very easy for them to mark the facia getting the radio out, so mention this to them if they have to change one.

3. Poor fuel economy.
Ive never got anywhere near the published figures and I drive at 56 everywhere!!
Motorway driving, best ive achieved is 52.
Around town, best is 42.
See FUELLY.com for stats on i10s.

Outside these problems, I really like the car!!
If I could guarantee these faults were cured Id definately get another!!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought a comfort in 2009 and upgraded to a style in 2010.

Both clutches have been fine on mine - did / done 5000 miles in both cars - not one problem.

Radios - as above, not a single fault.

Mileage - agreed, 40 ish around town, 50 ish on a run. But I'm not trying for fuel economy - I drive however I feel, however the traffic allows. I have concrete shoes. So sure you can do better than me, if that's your goal. I liek getting from A-B in comfort (and now style!).

But dispute the minor faults - which should be sorted under warranty if you are unlucky - and surely all cars get some with probs...don't forget all the fab things about the i10....are they worth giving up for a bit of extra mileage and a better radio...and a few grand more, probably for less features.

It's NOT the best car in the world.
But it IS the best car for the money.
And beats the **** out of a lot more expensive cars. My mate paid more for is 5 year old ford and it has a stereo cassette player (no cd!) no, heated seats or air con or alloys or, or , or....you get the idea. And he no warranty. I got 5 years!

I'm an accountant. I have never known a buying new car make such financial sense (I got mine under scrappage and then upgraded to s style for £800 on the birthday deal).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here she is...

[attachment=21227:pb110419i10.jpg]

Very happy. As for MPG, obviously a lot has to do with traffic plus how you drive. But don't forget that the manufacturers figures for any car will be that absolute ideal. You can bet your bottom dollar that they dont just drive it around for a couple of weeks, but bench test it in some way, or even just do maths!!

The other is intermittant radio operation, usually after about 30 mins.
You haven't got Traffic info or whatever switched on have you? I found with other cars it would 'blip' and apparently cutout for a few seconds every now and then when traffic was switched on.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (JayHoe @ Nov 9 2010, 01:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370060
It's our first ever (and probably only! new car). We're collecting Thursday - can't wait!
Except for 20 odd years of company cars (50k a year), this is also my first new car......

Martin (red classic and I think I have walked more miles than I have driven it his year).

p.s. Could you be the JayHoe I'm aware of in "another place" ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Martint123 @ Nov 11 2010, 09:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370931
Except for 20 odd years of company cars (50k a year), this is also my first new car......

Martin (red classic and I think I have walked more miles than I have driven it his year).

p.s. Could you be the JayHoe I'm aware of in "another place" ;)

Could be... I used to have an MX5, I am a Fool, and I am building a Landy. Ring any bells?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well greetings Martin! We obviously make a motley team :=)

My MX5, an RS Limited Edition got sold to a friend down the road... and I walk past it most days. Ho hum. As for the i10, they are little crackers of a car, and dead cute. I just hope that we get good mpg from it. I'm ploughing through the MPG thread right now... oh dear.

Oh, and here is me, with the beastie, a 72 series 3 Landy I am rebuilding, now with a Discovery 200TDi engine - http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jayhoe/land-rover

Anyway, thanks for saying hi! Regards, JayHoe

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just done my second fuel up today... and that gives me 45.3mpg. Not a bad start, fingers crossed it will go up. Is this the case that most people have found?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be fair, a huge chunk of this first tank was on a long steady drive rather than our normal pattern - so we shall see :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Give it some time and MPG will get better. Good things come to those who wait :) My wife is careful driver but even with my heavy foot total 44 MPG is not a problem. Now is getting cold so it may drop a little.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts