Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai sonata GLS. 2014 Hyundai Accent GLS
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used Hyundai Santa Fe 2022 model year. The car came with a 150 point checks. See attached picture is this normal?
Have not done any other checks yet?
What should be my recourse?
Grille Gas Rectangle Tints and shades Office equipment

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5T
599 Posts
Just bought a used Hyundai Santa Fe 2022 model year. The car came with a 150 point checks. See attached picture is this normal?
What should be my recourse? View attachment 472143
You didn’t mention how many miles but, yes, it’s normal to have a filter trap debris. That’s it’s job. A better question might be how many of the other 149 checks weren’t done. Hopefully it also came with a nice extended warranty.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,784 Posts
Those x points inspection is for marketing purpose only. Depending on the environment, more stuffs will be trapped by the filter. Tap it while upside down, or use a vacuum. There is no black coating on the filter element, it is still in good condition.

·
Registered
825 Posts
What should be my recourse? View attachment 472143
That filter should have been replaced.
Send that picture to the service and sales manager.
Tell them you will post it on a Google review of the dealer.
Lazy on the dealers part....I bet your cabin filter is much worse. Go look. That also should have been replaced.

·
Banned
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,715 Posts
Funny, where is it written that a used car comes with new filters?

• Love
Reactions: rambokid

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
645 Posts
You bought a car that is less than 1 year old. Depending on mileage/ service, the air filter should be Inspected at 1 yr, 2yr and replaced at 3yr. The cabin filter would be Inspect at 1yr, replace at 2yr.
Normally the '150 point' (or however many point) checks that come with a used car include things like check the oil level (not the condition), check the car is clean (lots of different places, probably worth 10 'points'), panel damage, doors open etc.
If the list includes 'check filters' which I doubt, you would have recourse to talk to them, or if they stated they had performed a service, but otherwise it's likely not something they would have done. If you talk to them nicely, they may be able to look at getting a service check done as a goodwill as you bought it up.
I would check the maintenance schedule and look at getting a service done if it's due.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2.5 Turbo, wDCT, Calligraphy Red
60 Posts
I would say check for any major or minor accidents or dents, check VIN for any recalls and if the vehicle previously had any issues with engine & transmission or with any other internal part. Do get the engine oil, oil filter changed from dealer if not done, including that air filter based on its condition. If possible, diag test using OBD2 scanner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts