Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was really excited yesterday to drive back my new 2011 Sonata GLS but today I believe i discovered a problem with bluetooth so a portion of excitement is gone. I am hopeful that I did something wrong or that it is something that is easy to fix though..

Basically what happens is this: I turn on BlueTooth in the Sonata Menu, I turn on BT on my IPhone 3GS. I then go to BT-Pair, the lady is asking me to name my device - I say a name, she says "Pardon", I repeat the name, she says "pardon" one more time, I repeat the name one more time and then the lady says "cancelling". To make things stranger, my phone does not seem find BT of Sonata - which is something that I sort of expected. I repeated this at least 15-20 time and by the end was not saying so nice words in the Mic :)

To validate if the problem is with the phone - I tried another phone and got the same result. Both phones seem to pair with other devices no problem.

Here are my questions:

1) Is my phone supposed to find BT of Sonata?

2) Is Apple Iphone supposed to pair with Sonata?

3) Is there a specific area where I should direct my voice? Is there a specific volume of voice, types of sound that BT it would recognize better?

4) Assuming there is a problem on this brand new car with just a few miles, what is my next step? Go to dealership and ask them to look/fix it?

5) From your experience is it something that they can fix pretty quickly or most likely not? Should I be asking for a new car all-together since with some other cars problems seem to reappear?

Thanks in advance, appreciate all the help....
Roman

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an iphone4 and had no issues pairing - but I didn't do any kind of voice work to pair it?

You go to the phone menu, pick your device list, and theres something in there to the extend of "Add" where it will show that it's name is Sonata and the passcode is 0000.

Go into Settings - General - Bluetooth on the iphone, make sure bluetooth is on, and when it's polling for devices, Sonata will show up. Enter the 0000 and they pair.

What Software rev are you running on the iphone? The 4.x update made the bluetooth insanely more friendly with everything.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My 3GS works fine BUT I remember confusion (when I had to Re-Pair it) re: the fact that in the 3GS Setup for Bluetooth I had to Press Either "On" the Sonata Name OR to the LEFT of "Sonata" In Order to Get [the Box"] to Enter the 0000 Passcode (sorry I can't remember which BUT I was first Pressing the right-side arrow to see the next screen & that's wrong).
The box didn't just pop up For Me as pseudo implies, and Typical of Apple, Where to Press to Get the Passcode Box is NOT intuitive.

I have a Ltd w/NAV screen to press on, So is there a way to Pair Manually on the GLS vs. Voice being the Only way? Do manual IF there is a choice.

ALSO, iPhone Sftwr Ver 4.1 FIXED (Now 4.2.1) an issue for me where Updating Contacts was freezing on the NAV screen for 2-3 days. Make SURE your 3GS Sftwr is Up-to-date.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (roman12345 @ Nov 28 2010, 08:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375248
Hi all,

I was really excited yesterday to drive back my new 2011 Sonata GLS but today I believe i discovered a problem with bluetooth so a portion of excitement is gone. I am hopeful that I did something wrong or that it is something that is easy to fix though..

Basically what happens is this: I turn on BlueTooth in the Sonata Menu, I turn on BT on my IPhone 3GS. I then go to BT-Pair, the lady is asking me to name my device - I say a name, she says "Pardon", I repeat the name, she says "pardon" one more time, I repeat the name one more time and then the lady says "cancelling". To make things stranger, my phone does not seem find BT of Sonata - which is something that I sort of expected. I repeated this at least 15-20 time and by the end was not saying so nice words in the Mic :)

To validate if the problem is with the phone - I tried another phone and got the same result. Both phones seem to pair with other devices no problem.

Here are my questions:

1) Is my phone supposed to find BT of Sonata?

3) Is there a specific area where I should direct my voice? Is there a specific volume of voice, types of sound that BT it would recognize better?

4) Assuming there is a problem on this brand new car with just a few miles, what is my next step? Go to dealership and ask them to look/fix it?

5) From your experience is it something that they can fix pretty quickly or most likely not? Should I be asking for a new car all-together since with some other cars problems seem to reappear?

Thanks in advance, appreciate all the help....
Roman
There is a list on the Hyundai site I think that details compatable phones to the unit used in your chassis.. look there first.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an iphone4 and they actually set it up for me before I left the lot. There was no voice prompts. You don't use the buttons on the sterring wheel until you sync your phone to the system using the knobs on the stereo. Now it does take a little longer the first time, because it's loading your contacts into its memory. But after that everytime you get in it to leave, it will sync up faster.

I have had to change some entries in my contacts since the bluetooth won't recognize the name. Mine works fine and I use it almost everyday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Nov 28 2010, 12:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375288
There is a list on the Hyundai site I think that details compatable phones to the unit used in your chassis.. look there first.
FYI that list doesn't list all compatible phones. I have LG Rumor Touch (Model LN510), and it is not listed on that list. LG rumor is listed but that was a previous model.
I have 2011 Sonata with Navigation and have no problem pairing LG Rumor Touch LN 510 which is not on the list. Works great.

Here is the link for the compatible phones according to Hyundai.
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/pdf/List%20of%20...3.4%20Final.pdf

also watch this How to Video I found on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxuHvgUkijM...player_embedded

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 28 2010, 01:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375317
uuuhh oooh. i dont see the google nexus one on that list....

Android phones work no problem :thumbsup:

I lurk on a few android forums and no one has bitched yet about any android phone not working on the YF yet :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Nov 29 2010, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375490
Android phones work no problem :thumbsup:

I lurk on a few android forums and no one has bitched yet about any android phone not working on the YF yet :)

If you hit the Call button on the Steering wheel. THe system will first ask you Dial by name or number first. You must say Name then proceeds to say Call "Home" etc.

If your phone syncs correctly and you hit the voice button should go first to call command. When you hit The call button starts off at Name/Number command that you have to select before your phonebook

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have IPhone 4 with no bt problems.

Did u follow the instructions in the manual?

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (roman12345 @ Nov 28 2010, 09:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375248
Yes - I have a iphone 3g and it paired no problem. Follow the instructions exactly. I never got a voice asking me for the name of the phone. The sonata wouldn't know if the answer was right until that phone had been paired.

I made my phone discoverable - went to the sonata BT menu and hit pair - then I entered the "0000" code when prompted into the iphone - and it paired and then the Sonata inported all the data.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for quick responses.

I played by the book: 1) followed instructions on BT setup, 2) upgraded iphone software, 3) tried other phones, 4) stopped by dealership sales desk, 5) finally I took the car to service and they couldn't fix it. Now I am waiting for the parts to come in so that I can come in and do repairs.

Kinda sucks but at least the rest of the car seems to work ok...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts