Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous owner of a 2007 Sonata ..Just brought home a 2014 GLS w/popular equip. Package .
Any things I should be on the look out for , any issues anyone has had with a 14 ?
Thanks

·
22,793 Posts
Welcome to that NEW ride, huh? Enjoy! Two words: "Road Trip!"

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just be aware that the OEM tire are terrble in snow!
+1 for this! For me, I'm an early adopter of the YF Sonata. I bought my 2011 GLS with PEP in March of 2010, so going on 4 years and 60-ish K miles I have to report that for me the car has been great. Here are the few nits I can pick about it:

- Bad OEM Tires (already stated)
- Somewhat inaccurate gauges for Miles to Empty and Average MPG (in general Average MPG displayed is 1-2 MPG HIGHER than actual, Miles to Empty can be up to 10-15 miles short)
- Some road noise. I've heard later year models have better soundproofing, I just need to go through mine and improve what's there.
- Better overall MPG in warm months than cold months, but I think that's more due to the Ethanol mix we have here in VA.

That's about it! I truly enjoy my car, I'm hoping it will give me 170K plus miles like my old Camry did :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Previous owner of a 2007 Sonata ..Just brought home a 2014 GLS w/popular equip. Package .
Any things I should be on the look out for , any issues anyone has had with a 14 ?
Thanks
Congratulations! Yea. Beware of 2013 owners eying your steering wheel.... (and interior overhead LED lights, Audio MUTE button, and maybe even your back-up display....). Enjoy!

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Congrats and welcome OP.

Sidenote---not a lot of people seem to be buying 2014s. I am guessing that dealers are going to be awash in them after the 2015 comes out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks ! I replaced. 07 Sonata with the 14 . The origianl tires on the 07 Michilein on,y lasted 25,000 miles . The next set of Yokohama went @54,000 miles ....
I really like the interior , radio and the ride. The backup camera is OK so far , not a huge fan but might come in handy ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just joined the Forums, and purchased/leased a 2014 just 2 weeks ago. Also GLS with popular equipment package. Love the vehicle so far. We had rented a 2013 in December for a long weekend and hated the tire/rear end noise and thankfully the 14 does not have that same issue. Car is comfortable and handles pretty well in the snow in northern Michigan. Average mpg with almost 500 miles of mixed highway and small city driving is 31.4 I'm happy with that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts