Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! So I was a 2011 Sonata SE owner, but after 30k miles the tires were starting to getting to the point of replacement and decided instead of spending 700 on them, why not upgrade for a great price (got the car at what I feel is a steel). Really wanted Nav, Heated Seats, remote start, that type of stuff. Better gas mileage sealed the deal.

But I have one problem, at the dealership we set up my bluelink, went to the car, pressed the bluelink button, error message popped up saying "Bluelink not active. Call support #) We did so, support people told the dealer it would take 24 hours to activate. The car shows up in the phone app but any command sent to it fails.

So i drove the car home, 24 hours later, still same message, no bluelink working. Called again, they said it shouldnt take this long and put a support ticket in and told me an IT person would contact me. No one ever did. Today I took the car to the dealership to ask the maintenance and sales people if they knew anything. They didn't, but the salesperson called the bluelink people for me while I was there and they told him they have NO ETA on when it will be activated in my car nor would they tell him what was wrong. They just said "it will activate once it processes".

He said he's never had it take more than just a few minutes and has no clue what is happening. Has anyone here delt with this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
No, mine was working right away.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind, how good of a deal did you get? I picked up mine at the end of Oct before those rebates expired and paid $24,800 (limited w/o the sunroof). Our local dealer matched what the Chicago truecar price was at the time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My blue link I canceled after the try out. I have sprint and in the section of vegas I live the lakes. Per hoa no cell towers. They can't face toward the homes so the 4G and 3G network does not work. You need wifi
To use the phone app. When you took delivery the rep who did your final paperwork should have turned on blue link give your email account to blue link rep along with your credit card. Then before you left they run through a real testing in the car before you leave the lot. That was my experience with planet hyundai.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out the issue with this because I am experiencing the same problem. I know this was wrote forever ago but figured it would be worth a shot to ask. TIA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts