Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On August 20, we bought a new 2013 Sante Fe LWB and left the next morning on a road trip. Now the road-trip is over putting nearly 10,000 trouble free miles in just under 8 weeks. Love the car but the far suspension. shocks could use some stiffening. Has anyone out there found this to be the same and does anyone know of aftermarket shocks that could help out? Also, I am confused a bit about map updates. The salesmen still insists that updates are free but I have read that they are available from time to time at a cost. What is your experience?

I am still investigating where to get a hitch and what aftermarket all weather mats to by.

Love this forum!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
AS far as I know, map updates are around $200 a pop, and they are not necessarily available every year. This is the downside to the OEM nav.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel the same way about the suspension. I test drove the GLS and got the Limited mainly because of the better handling with 19" wheels. 6 months later, I'd prefer to get springs about 15-20% stiffer. If we could get the stock F/R spring rates, that is a great place to start. Then get some stiffer hypercoils, bilsteins with adjustable sleeves

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,225 Posts
The map updates are a rip-off. You can get a Garmin or similar and mount it on a beanbag on your dash and it has lifetime updates. When you get to where you are going, just put in your center console)

Paying $200 for updates is highway robbery. They already get enough for the Nav system without further fleecing the customer.

Having said that, your GPS system is a good one (I owned a 2013 Santa Fe). (The Sonata and Elantra's are obsolete.) But I wouldn't pay a dime to update it unless I was really concerned about where I was going. I don't get the marketing of Hyundai in this regard. These ought to be free. Purely a gouge.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
The map updates are a rip-off.

I don't get the marketing of Hyundai in this regard. These ought to be free. Purely a gouge.
I agree it's a rip off, but it's not a Hyundai thing. All OEM Nav systems have that ridiculously high map update cost, regardless of the car maker.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The map updates are a rip-off.

I don't get the marketing of Hyundai in this regard. These ought to be free. Purely a gouge.
I agree it's a rip off, but it's not a Hyundai thing. All OEM Nav systems have that ridiculously high map update cost, regardless of the car maker.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am still investigating where to get a hitch and what aftermarket all weather mats to by.
Welcome lkniess, lots of good info here.

I bought the Curt hitch from amazon (link) since they had a better price than etrailer.com at the time. Fits well and was easy to install.

There's also an existing thread on the all weather mats here. I ended up getting the Husky mats from this ebay seller and have been very pleased with them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MA_Santefe, thanks for your reply!

Re maps, my salesmen still insists the map updates are now free! I will ask to speak to the sales mgr for clarification. If they are not, I am going to insist I get a "WE OWE" for at least one map update as the salesman has repeatedly insisted that they are free.

Re mats, the ebay ad you link to is for the sport model. I had husky liners in my truck and am happier with weather tech products. I have been on the phone with weathertech and am awating a call next week. Aparrently, there are several new part numbers "in development" for the LWB Sante Fe at this time. The salesman is to talk with them next week for a clarification with regards to the new products so I can be informed BEFORE I decide what to buy. I insisted that I wasnt interested in ordering and then finding a revised product out soon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re mats, the ebay ad you link to is for the sport model.
FWIW, the title of that auction is incorrect (the correct LWB part numbers #99861 - floor liners, #29931 - cargo liner are explicitly listed) and I notified the seller about that when I bought mine. I ordered the mats from them and they fit my 2013 GLS AWD perfectly.

That being said, you can't go wrong with the Weathertech products. I got the Husky stuff because it was cheaper. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts