Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I just bought a 2012 Elantra Limited and so far LOVE IT. I don't know much about cars, but I do have an eye for style, reliability and want to treat this new to me baby like a queen. lol. This is the first car forum I have ever joined. I am excited to be here and learn from you all. I have only had the car a few days. I bought it with about 35K miles. Dig everything about it so far but the visibility seems poor especially trying to look out rear window, turning head. Oh yeah and the defrost did not seem to work, maybe I didn't push right combo of buttons but it did not defrost well.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You may need to adjust your side view mirrors a bit to get better visibility. With proper adjustment you can nearly eliminate blind spots. Also if the windows are fogging up they may be due for a cleaning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Someguy
Good suggestions. I did change the mirrors today and it helped a bit. I am short and the back end is high so it's a little off for me. But the beauty of this car is that the seats can be elevated and I can always prop up on a pillow. The car was thoroughly cleaned by dealer after I bought it. But good idea about the windows. Thanks so much
;)

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
I think you will get used to it after a few weeks. It took me a few months to really feel comfortable driving the car all the time. This was my first new car so I was a bit nervous even though I am a great driver. Several members here have added backup camera or reverse sensors so those options are always there if needed. Please join us in the MD Elantra section of the forum for more discussion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts