Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, I've just gotten my Getz 1.3GSi two weeks ago, and since I have felt some jittery movements when I accelerated the car from time to time. At first I thought it was just new and maybe it's the timing needs tuning, but after having its first 1000km service and the car tuned, the problems persist and seem to have signs of becoming worse. Not to mention it feeling more and more lacking of power...

Even when I'm travelling on 60-70 kmh i can still feel the jittery movements, what could be wrong? Could it be the distributor? and does the car use vacuum advance technology?

Does anyone share the same experience..? Thanks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds like you could be experiencing some ignition problems, or possibly a poor throttle position sensor.

Do you notice it more when you oad the engine up, or taking off at lights?
Give me a bit of a clue as to when this problem is being experienced?

Dr. Hundi

·
Registered
316 Posts
[ <_< You may think that this is a stupid idea, but a few years ago I had the same problem and it was a engine mounting that was the vibration, I am far from saying that is your problem, but you never know ????? :(

·
Registered
422 Posts
That idea is not stupid.

95-98 sonata' felt like they were running like a busted arse, yet it was only the rear engine mount shock!

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'Day Mate i hope i can help, i have a 1.5Manual Getz FX and when i got it it had the problems you are describing, i rang hyundai and they told me that there was a issue and they have made a ecu patch for the computer, also helps against cold starting and gives better fuel economy. i got mine done about a week after buying the car. If you take your car to any hyundai dealer they will have the patch (Australia). i am not sure about other country's.
hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey there sorry if i'm a bit late, the sort of performance loss sounds exactly what Dr Hundi said, so could quite possibly be the the engine temperature coolant sensor. you could no doubt get this replaced under warranty if you haven't done so already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts