Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i was getting a chuck chuck chuck noise on my serpentine belt so i changed that out but when i turned it on the chuck chuck noise was still there but it was not as loud so i decided to take it to a repair shop and they did one of those free checks and he told me it was my accessory belt idler pulley and that itd be 199 dollars just for the part. He said he regreased the shot bearings on the pulley but will do little good. The noise went away but a jingling started which is better the chuck chuck. But ive been checking around and i have no idea what pulley that is and cant find it anywhere i even called hyundai and they said theyd call me back cause they never heard of it and stupid me forgot to ask the repair guy what pulley that goes to. The only thing i can think of an accessory pulley would be the air conditioner or the tensioner pulley but siding more with the a/c because when its on and i accelerate it makes like a hollow humming noise sorry hard to explain. But when i turn the a/c off it goes away and then u can just hear the jingling pulley literally i mean your suppose to hear the engine rev but i hear a jingling rev lol. If someone can chime me on this would be appreciated if not ill go back to the repair shop and see if he can recall.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you take a look at the collision catalog, the pulley on the water pump is worth 24.97$, the pump itself is worth 153.29$, the drive belt pulley is 33.81$, the compressor pulley is 154.25$, the steering pump pulley is 43.64$. So check out which pulley he greased up , identify which one and replace the pulley . It is not a hard job to do and is pretty simple. Depending on the pulley you either unbolt it or pull it out with a pulley puller. Good luck.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey peter thanks for telling me to check which pulley he greased i checked and it was the a/c pulley
ordering tomorrow thanks alot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts