Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be my Official Mod Thread.

Today I ordered the first batch of parts.

1. Grandeur Grille
2. LED Door Catch Plates
3. LED Cup Holder Plates
4. Painted Trunk Lid Spoiler
5. Rear Bumper Diffuser
6. Rain Sensing Wiper System
7. RoadPro 12v Soft Sided Cooler Bag
8. Hyundai Chrome License Plate
9. 12oz Spray Paint for the Mud Guards
10. Aluminum Pedal Covers
11. 5G Valve Stem Caps
12. Hyundai Brush & Pen Touch up Paint

I have already done these. Most are carryovers from my Sonata.

1. Custom Accessories Carbon Black Steering Wheel Cover
2. Cobra XRS 9960G Radar Detector w/GPS & Red Light Camera w/Homemade Visor Mount
3. NAYAG X6000 HD Dual Lens DVR w/GPS & G-Force Sensor and 16GB MicroSD Card
4. Cruzer Fit 16GB Mini USB Drive for Music Storage
5. Intro-Tech Automotive Windshield Sun Shade
6. Accutire MS-4350B Programmable Digital Tire Gauge
7. Keyless Remote Covers w/Hyundai Logo – Black Rubber
8. Additional Black Carpeted Front and Rear Floor Mats
9. Door stricker cover plates (4)
10. Tinted Windows
11. Fold out rear bumper Protector
12. Fully Loaded Roadside Emergency Kit
13. Cargo Net used as a floor luggage net
14. Jump Start Battery with Air Compressor & Light

I'll let you guys know how the parts are installed soon.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
536 Posts
You gotta post pics once you get it all installed!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here are some current pics with the few things I have done so far.

Pic 1. Shows Tinted Windows and Sunshade

Pic 2. Shows Sunshade, Digital Video Camera and Visor mounted Radar Detector

Pic 3. Shows the door striker cover which is on all 4 door strikers

Pic 4. The additional black floor mats

Pic 5. Shows my Volt Gage, Clock, Calendar, Alarm Clock, A/C duct Temp, In Car Temp display with blue backlight. The wires will be hidden after it is properly installed. - I use the outside temp sensor to monitor A/C temp out the duct instead. Pic 5 also shows the 16GB Micro USB drive I use to store music on.

Pic 6. Shows the LED License Plate lights

Pic 7. Shows my current trunk setup with complete Emergency Kit, Snowbroom/Squeegee, Floor net, First Aid Kit, Jump start box, and bumper protector. This setup will definitely change.

Pic 8. Shows my digital tire checker, Accident Kit, iPod cable, Seat Belt Cutter/Utility Knife/Window Breaker, Gold magnetic drain plug and my UltraGuage with mount

Pic 9. Shows my Stickers, extra alarm horn, some sunroof mood lighting, trunk 12v accessory outlets - all of which need to be installed

Pic 10. Shows my Blind Spot Assistance Kit w/GPS sensor to be installed, some bulbs for high beam and fogs if I like the look and strength, and the subframe bushings from Shark Racing I removed from the Sonata and am going to try and use on the Azera.

That ought to get things started for now until all my parts come in.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds like a lot of extra stuff. Not criticizing, because I have put more than $10k into my Jeep Wrangler so it is more off-road capable (see below), but I just don't have that itch with the Azera.

35" BFG K/Os; 4" Rock Krawler Long Arm Suspension; Pro Comp MX-6 Adjustable Shocks; Alloy USA Chromoly Front and Rear Axles; Rock Krawler High Steer and Heavy-Duty Tie Rod; Rock Krawler Heavy Duty Front Lower Control Arm Mounts; Alloy USA Billet Aluminum Front Axle Tube Seals; Skid Row Engine/Transmission Skid Plate; Warn Steering Box Skid Plate; Warn Front Differential Skid Plate; Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid Plate; Fab Fours Rock Sliders; AFW Winch Bumper with Crosby D-Rings; SmittyBilt XRC Rear Bumper and Swing-Out Tire Carrier with Crosby D-Rings; Superwinch EPi9.0 Winch; Delta 100 Series Fog Lights; Optima Yellow Top Deep Cycle Battery; ViAir On-Board Air, Radio Shack CB Radio

·
Registered
655 Posts
If I can ask a couple questions,
What's the door striker cover for ?
And also the digital video camera ?

I never saw the point of double floor mats, and don't like the look, but I like extra gauges, but not sure I'd wanna give up that compartment for gauges I've never had on a car.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I add weather proof floor mats to my Azera in the winter time. Keeps the OEM mats clean of the salt, snow, and juunk you pick up during the winter months. I usually just put them over the factory mats - so doubling up.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If I can ask a couple questions,
What's the door striker cover for ?
And also the digital video camera ?

I never saw the point of double floor mats, and don't like the look, but I like extra gauges, but not sure I'd wanna give up that compartment for gauges I've never had on a car.
Door striker cover is a plastic decorative piece that covers up the mounting bolts of the latch

Video camera...who knows? maybe he has plans to drive his car in Russia :)

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In regards to:
Floor mats - This is South Florida and we are about to start rainy season. The extra floor mats keep the originals dry and like new plus I can pull them out when I want the car to look nice.
DVR - This is South Florida with many elderly and uninsured drivers. Video evidence just seems to make sense here. Plus I might just catch a meteor streaking across the sky one day.
Door Striker Covers - They just look better than nothing at all
Steering Wheel Cover - I found this at Autozone. It matches the interior perfectly with the Carbon Fiber like covering and the black stitched surfaces. It's actually my favorite one to date.

My first part came in today. The FHM-Hyper Silver Metallic 12oz Spray can from Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup . Time to paint the mud guards body color.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

The only prep I did was clean/blow dry/wipe with alcohol/taped off the black part from overspray/then painted 2 coats of color/then sprayed 1 coat of clearcoat. The hardest part of the whole job is the screw on the rear mud guard which needs an angled screwdriver to remove and install.

The rear diffuser and spoiler are due here very soon. They were shipped express from S. Korea. I have seen both a black and Hyper Silver Metallic painted rear diffuser. I'm going to see how I like it black and make a paint decision then.

As far as Azera LED Sill Plates I'm still trying to find some.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Mud guards...

Jim, Very nice on the mud guards. I like the matching paint scheme as they seem to blend and become one with the body. I may give that a try.

Funny how the striker covers seem to add so much being so little. I like mine. Great job with your mods. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
....and not one of you have said anything about the wife's Beautiful Genesis Coupe in the pics. It's a lease so other than front and rear wing emblems I haven't touched it. We haven't even tinted the windows. I would love to mod that one!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
....and not one of you have said anything about the wife's Beautiful Genesis Coupe in the pics. It's a lease so other than front and rear wing emblems I haven't touched it. We haven't even tinted the windows. I would love to mod that one!!
Didn't notice that the first time around. Love the look of the coupe and thought about getting one but fell more in love with the Azera.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Question on the 2014 - using with iPhone, does it still require the dual Hyundai cable, or can you use the regular Apple cable?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts