Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Considering the Sorento and the Santa Fe share platforms I'd say it came down to the Kia being priced slightly lower with what some consider a better design. The shocking part is the Toyota and Honda rankings...ouch

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I ma not a big fan of those initial quality awards. Some vehicles that have high initial quality numbers may be a problem child a year or two later.

Reactions: mjonis

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
MJ, you should know. GM gets a ton of initial quality awards.....

Reactions: mjonis

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, this is so true.

I can't remember, but I *thought* that Consumer Reports updates their data in terms of repairs/etc?

TrueDelta is shutting down, so my only other source would be self-reported items like from:
Carcomplaints.com

Unfortunately I think they lump the SFS in with the SF (as does Hyundai), so it gets difficult to weed out the engine issues (ha) in terms of which model.

I'm kinda surprised JD Power or someone doesn't do like 3, 5, 7 year followups. Although I suppose a lot of folks lease for 3 years.

·
Registered
441 Posts
LOL!

Yeah...when you see those commercials touting their awards...you have to read the fine print where the awards actually reflect 2013, 2014, and 2015 years for the most part on Chevrolet products (and a few others)...not much in recent times.

These awards create perception-based marketing/sales opportunities...but not much more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts