Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a suggestion for jacking up the car the put on 4 jack stands. I like up do this so I can rotate the tires. I don't see a front or rear jack point and I can't put a jack stand under the side jack points if I'm already lifting it with a floor jack.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
ahh, youth. i just drive the car to discount tire, and let them do it. tire rotation is also included with the "free" maintenance.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
240 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion for jacking up the car the put on 4 jack stands. I like up do this so I can rotate the tires. I don't see a front or rear jack point and I can't put a jack stand under the side jack points if I'm already lifting it with a floor jack.
I use two floor jacks on the same side front and rear frame rail jack points with TMB Motorsports Polyurethane Universal Medium Size Slotted Jack Pad Frame Rail Protector. Move the front tire to the same side rear. Lower the rear and move the floor jack to the opposite side front and mount the rear tire here. Lower the front and mount the front tire to the same side rear. Lower this rear side and mount this rear tire to the opposite side front. Lower this front side and you're done.
Tire rotation patterns | TireBuyer.com

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I use two floor jacks on the same side front and rear frame rail jack points with TMB Motorsports Polyurethane Universal Medium Size Slotted Jack Pad Frame Rail Protector. Move the front tire to the same side rear. Lower the rear and move the floor jack to the opposite side front and mount the rear tire here. Lower the front and mount the front tire to the same side rear. Lower this rear side and mount this rear tire to the opposite side front. Lower this front side and you're done.
Tire rotation patterns | TireBuyer.com
wow. just reading this makes me tired. we have a full size spare that gets involved in the rotation. that's why i let the pros do it. also, since we dont drive a lot, it is almost a once a year deal

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
240 Posts
wow. just reading this makes me tired. we have a full size spare that gets involved in the rotation. that's why i let the pros do it. also, since we don't drive a lot, it is almost a once a year deal
My N Line has an emergency spare so can't be used in the tire rotation process. I do my tire rotation when I do my oil/filter change. I've also used my local Discount Tire Store to rotate tires as well as flip my track tires on the wheel to even out tread wear.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
My N Line has an emergency spare so can't be used in the tire rotation process. I do my tire rotation when I do my oil/filter change. I've also used my local Discount Tire Store to rotate tires as well as flip my track tires on the wheel to even out tread wear.
i hate emergency spares. and, if you mount that on your car, it will ride really low. plus, i believe the top speed is 55. not sure if a 19" will fit in the well, but i know for sure an 18" does. i have a 17 in there now, both sizes fit perfect. i also bought the certificates from discount tire, which they will sell you if the car is new. then you get the full monty on your tires

·
Registered
22 Tuscan SEL ;21 Sonata N Line
320 Posts
In relation to raising the front. First things first. Removing the undertray. Post pics when done.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,911 Posts
Anywhere under the "pinch welds" all along the sides.

On my 2017 I can jack up the whole side (front and rear ) from the factory jack point and rotate front to rear and then lower and go to the other side.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The oil change procedure covers undertray removal.
Cheers for the PDF , appreciated it. It doesn't show the image of the vehicle with the lower tray removed.

Regarding the oil filter cap. I noticed there is a rather clever drain screw in there also. Nice touch. I believe one unscrews the oil filter cap drain screw to assist in emptying what's left in filter then uses a larger socket to unscrew the oil filter cap.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The oil change procedure covers undertray removal.
No it doesn't. In any case I wasn't the one needing help to remove the undertray. I merely advised the OP to and then he or she could take a pic of area without the undertrain thus we could help them with location of trolly jack lift point location.

·
Registered
157 Posts
^^Thanks for clearing that up. I was looking at a stinger oil change process which is similar, but has the filter mounted horizontally. Of course it does not have the filter cap drain screw.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Since i'm now seriously considering this car, diy maintenance comes to mind.

I came across this on youtube -

Seems like a workable idea to get one side off the ground enough to place jack stands front/rear on that side. He is right about most of the weight being on the front - it is afterall where the engine is. Also, this car isn't exactly porky (compared to some others) at 3100lbs.

Can someone post pics of what the pinch welds look like on the front/rear of this car?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts