Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 accent and I'm painting my rims so I need to jack up the car I have a floor jack and no adapter so pinch welds are out if the question I allredy bent one so where am I able to place the jack to jack the back end up pics would be helpfull thank you

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
It depends on how I want what wheel off the ground.

If I want both wheels on one side I use a piece of 2x4 and jack up near the side mirror at the frame rail.

Front, I jack up at the driver side sub frame bushing. If I want both front wheels off the ground equally I take off the plastic shield and using the 2 x 4 jack up in the middle of the subframe.

In the rear it is on the cross bar with the 2 x 4.

350 Posts
happy to see you're learning and asking :) your work means nothing if you get yourself killed in the process.

i just use a small scrap 2x4 piece of wood....but the hockey puck is interesting.

suggested reading and shameless self promotion:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/174-do-yourself/190434-zero-101-auto-repair-safety.html
Yeah I only took to using them a few years ago. I used to use wood scraps (and still do for certain lifting situations) but I like the puck for a few reasons:

It's totally round, drops right into the cup of my jack and has a self-centering action. No observed sensitivity to automotive fluids.

Although it is very hard compressed rubber, it will deform slightly to grab edges like the rocker welds. You can get 5+ years out of a $2 puck. And that's assuming you're using a fancy new one from the sporting goods store.

It may give a little, but it doesn't have grain so it won't split and dance out of the way like that one time you blanked and didn't cross the load to the grain on wood. (We've all done that once, right?)

I skimmed your auto safety link- great job covering a lot of territory there.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I cover jack points in my brake videos using a floor jack. Link below in title..

Also have a video on the hockey puck idea on that site as well! My hockey puck is still solid as the day I built it. Just make dam sure you use a wide base floor jack with the hockey puck idea!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts