Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased new SF 2018 Limited last month and I can't find the jack and wrenches. Did they stop selling them with new vehicles because they offer roadside assistance? Just wondering if anyone else had same issue before I go back to dealer sales.
Thanks.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Just purchased new SF 2018 Limited last month and I can't find the jack and wrenches. Did they stop selling them with new vehicles because they offer roadside assistance? Just wondering if anyone else had same issue before I go back to dealer sales.
Thanks.
Supposed to be there.
You could probably change all four wheels before roadside shows up. At least out in the boonies where I used to live it would be a minimum hour.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
Does the car have a spare tyre or a tyre repair kit?
Usually cars that are supplied with a repair kit don't have a jack & wheel brace, since your not expected to remove the wheel.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Does the car have a spare tyre or a tyre repair kit?
Usually cars that are supplied with a repair kit don't have a jack & wheel brace, since your not expected to remove the wheel.
My word! What gives across the pond. You are not allowed to change your own tires or is that tyres. :surprise:

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
You can change your own tyres if you like. They just don't always give you the tyre or the tools to do it. I don't think that's something peculiar to this side of the pond though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
On my 2017 Tucson I had a spare wheel well but no wheel or jack or tools. I had one of those totally useless tyre repair kits. So I bought a spare wheel and tools off ebay and binned the expanded polystyrene that was in the wheel well and the tyre repair kit.

EERR TYRE is the correct way to spell it. But us lot over this side the pond will let it ride as you lot over that side of the pond have far far bigger problems to worry about than your spelling.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Many vehicles today come with inflator / sealer / repair kits instead of spare tires. Those kits are utterly useless unless you have a puncture that is small enough and you stop right away. Lose pressure going down the road and if you do not stop fast enough the tire is junk and you are in tennis shoe mode. I HATE those repair kits.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the picture. Where you have the jack, all I have is an empty space. I'll go back to the dealer. Manual even shows it there. They must have taken it out or not put it in.
Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
EERR TYRE is the correct way to spell it. But us lot over this side the pond will let it ride as you lot over that side of the pond have far far bigger problems to worry about than your spelling.

We do? Life is great in the USA!
Anyway, good luck getting the jack assembly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you have the two rigid foam inserts under the cargo floor?

One is shown in the picture. Another larger one is just forward of that area, and supports the floor.

If missing, you might want to hit the dealer up for those, also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer gave me the rigid foam insert and full jack kit. It was completely missing upon delivery. Good thing I checked before I was stuck on a country road!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts