Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
I was just looking at this listing yesterday and the price was $250 for the full kit. I just couldn't get past the ugly fake muffler tips. They were also selling the pieces individually for $80. I should of jumped on it when i saw it!!

Sonata 10 13 Ixion Genuine Body Kit Full Kit | eBay
Yea you passed up an excellent deal! Although this isn't the real ixion kit it still works. I guess you can say it's kinda better cuz it's abs plastic. The real one has a thinner front lip. It's not as bulky.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yea you passed up an excellent deal! Although this isn't the real ixion kit it still works. I guess you can say it's kinda better cuz it's abs plastic. The real one has a thinner front lip. It's not as bulky.
Here's a quote from Jayosee from turbo sonata.com
"Just a little fyi on this kit. I explained this to someone else already. I know the company that sells the kit here in the US. It is definately the same kit that Ixion uses. Ixion does not make the kit themselves, it is made in Taiwan. This kit being sold is the exact same kit, just without the Ixion stamped on the front bumper piece. Ixion is a brand, not a manufacturer. The manufacturer is indeed in Taiwan. This company has been given permision from Ixion to include their name on the listing. Ixion also has 2 other earlier versions of the rear bumper piece, one with a single cutout for exhaust, one with dual cutout for exhaust. This kit has the universal rear piece, that has no cutout for exhaust. It comes with faux exhaust tips that give the appearance of dual exhaust. You can go without the faux tips, and cut out the space for a real dual exhaust. It seems Ixion has been having a hard time moving numbers on this kit, and thus the manufacturer has outsourced this kit to other sources. But it appears only this kit with the faux tips, not the first kits with the actual cut outs. Hope this helps people understand a little better."

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah I really like all sides but the rear, sorry that is cheesy. Might as well have a GB Packer bumper sticker or Wisconsin Badger licence plate frame,:harhar:

Reactions: pglarsen

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought this kit by far the rear is the best I've seen. I have the turbo so I cut off the faux tips and it's looking great. Also bout it for 300!!!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Here's a quote from Jayosee from turbo sonata.com
"Just a little fyi on this kit. I explained this to someone else already. I know the company that sells the kit here in the US. It is definately the same kit that Ixion uses. Ixion does not make the kit themselves, it is made in Taiwan. This kit being sold is the exact same kit, just without the Ixion stamped on the front bumper piece. Ixion is a brand, not a manufacturer. The manufacturer is indeed in Taiwan. This company has been given permision from Ixion to include their name on the listing. Ixion also has 2 other earlier versions of the rear bumper piece, one with a single cutout for exhaust, one with dual cutout for exhaust. This kit has the universal rear piece, that has no cutout for exhaust. It comes with faux exhaust tips that give the appearance of dual exhaust. You can go without the faux tips, and cut out the space for a real dual exhaust. It seems Ixion has been having a hard time moving numbers on this kit, and thus the manufacturer has outsourced this kit to other sources. But it appears only this kit with the faux tips, not the first kits with the actual cut outs. Hope this helps people understand a little better."
That's cool but it's actually not the same kit and not the sane manufacturer because the ixion kit is fiberglass. But like I said it may be better because the abs plastic is more road friendly than fiberglass.

·
Registered
221 Posts
2.0 터보;1704441 said:
Yeah I really like all sides but the rear, sorry that is cheesy. Might as well have a GB Packer bumper sticker or Wisconsin Badger licence plate frame,:harhar:
Hey now! Don't get me started on Minnesota! I would never put a bumper sticker on my car, but a nice Green Bay Packers SuperBowl XLV Champs window sticker would look pretty awesome in my opinion! :D

Anyway, yeah I'm wondering the same thing. He says the same manufacturer makes it yet its ABS plastic and not Fiberglass. I think I would take ABS Plastic all day though.

Also just an fyi, I contacted the seller and they said the reason they hiked the price was because they need to get more in stock before lowering it again. Just an Ebay trick to be able to not have to relist the item again. So the price will go back down when they get more in.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well Hopefully they get more in. I actually bought my badgeless grill from them awhile back. It was listed at $80. I contacted them through eBay since they were local and they gave it to me for $33 with local pick up. If you look through their ebay transaction history you'll see they have sold some things pretty **** cheap

·
Registered
591 Posts
Also just an fyi, I contacted the seller and they said the reason they hiked the price was because they need to get more in stock before lowering it again. Just an Ebay trick to be able to not have to relist the item again. So the price will go back down when they get more in.
Yea this is what they told me:
Hi Ed. We raised the price of the front lip to an unreasonable amount because we ran out of stock on the Sonata 10-13 IXION Genuine Body Kit Front Lip only. We didn't just end the item in the first place because we need to keep the "number sold" relevant until we receive more stock on that item. Currently we expect to be restocked on this item by mid December, but possibly earlier.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I am so confused...why are some saying that the kit is cheap yet when I look on the eBay listing it's listed for $1,249.99? Am I missing something??

By far the best body kit I have seen thus far though. I'd definitely like to hop on it if the price is right. Someone please chime in!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I am so confused...why are some saying that the kit is cheap yet when I look on the eBay listing it's listed for $1,249.99? Am I missing something??

By far the best body kit I have seen thus far though. I'd definitely like to hop on it if the price is right. Someone please chime in!
Just read my post above lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just read my post above lol

Oooh I just missed your post since I posted a few min after you, I apologize!

So what you're saying is that they had a high demand for JUST the front lip, not the rear/side skirts, which is why they went low on stock and had to raise the price?

And you mentioned that they said they would be restocked by mid-December...does that mean the price will be back down to $249.99 for the full kit whenever they have the supply??

·
Registered
591 Posts
And you mentioned that they said they would be restocked by mid-December...does that mean the price will be back down to $249.99 for the full kit whenever they have the supply??
Yep. He said it would be back to the around 300 shipped. He also said it's the same manufacturer as the real Ixion but they use plastic molds instead of fiberglass molds. Not sure how legit that is but the price can't be beat.

i saw it also when it was low... if they drop it again tot that price i can see a whole lot Sonatas with the same kit.. lol
Well 2014 is about to see some Ixion fitted sonatas. Lol. That's my favorite kit but I don't want to look like everyone else.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Same mold, same manufacturer, different material.
Unfortunately that's not true. I just heard from my people in Korea that it's fake. Ixion kits are made in Korea and nowhere else. They are made by hand. This company just copied ixion and are selling them for cheap behind their backs. It's a good price tho but the ad is not legit because it's not 100% genuine ixion.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts