Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, would anyone be able to tell me the part number for a UK rhd 2010 diesel 2.0crdi awd?

From what I can see there are different motors for different ix35 models.

My wipers are stuck on one speed. Can't get the arms off to have a look at the linkage however not paying £380+(don't know part no ) for the genuine part. I am looking on ebay for a reconditioned part I can supply my garage with.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find this Information from?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,095 Posts
So only one speed is working? Which speed?

Where abouts are you? I could maybe take a look if your not too far from Clydebank.

Cheers.
Scottie.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Many thanks for your help,

Over the weekend, I had a look with a local garage who determined that it is the motor failing ( without looking under the cowl) But rattling about for a while. I ordered a motor part on ebay on sat however they now tell me they dont have the part ( Didn't think they had it in the first place)

Had a look through the Tucson/IX35 parts list and I can see the part number I believe is 981102S900 or 981102S000

Both are listed as being the part at Hyundai epc data.

Had one ebay seller who said they had the part, charged me £85 instead of £350+ Hyundai price range only to tell me today they dont have the part based on my reg and Vin number.

So I think tonight I will take a pin camera and try and get under the cowl to find out the part number. I would take the wiper arms and cowl off but they are stuck solid. Wiper arm removal tool on order from amazon prime.

Thanks
Martin

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,095 Posts
Hi Martin.

You shouldn't need any special tools to remove the wiper arms. Usually positioning the wiper blades up on the screen then giving the arms a good shake will free them off.

If that doesn't work and you have a pair of vice grips or water pump pliers in your tool kit, you can use those to remove the wiper arms....I often do. Those cheap wiper arm pullers just tend to bend.

What you do is remove the arm securing nut then screw it back on the spindle just a few threads. If the nut has a flange on the bottom, screw the nut back on upside down so the flange is towards the top. That will give you a larger surface to press against. Now take your vice grips/water pump pliers and place one jaw under the hub of the wiper arm and the other jaw on top of the nut. Now close the jaws and the wiper arm should be pressed off the spindle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
many thanks,

turns out the part number is 981102S000 for anyone that is looking in the future and comes across this thread.

not 981102S100, 981102S200 or 981002S000

i am not mechanically minded but have watched a few you tube videos lol. With help from family I should be able to follow your instructions, with the correct tools.

Have bought a replacement 981102S000 RHD from germany for £35 + postage. Lets hope it works if it gets here.

Thanks again.

Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts