Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When in the local UK dealers the other day I was told that HMUK have a software update for my brand new ix35 but hadn’t actually released it yet.

I don’t think it’s for the SatNav but for the Engine Mgmt System.

Anyone know about it and what it ‘fixes’??

I've been told to expect a letter from HMUK regards a 'recall' for this.

BCEly

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a misfire issue on a couple of occasions in the first few weeks of ownership. However the engine now has 4000 miles on it and is going really well now and seems to be improving all the time and the misfire has not happened again.

Dealer rang me the other day to say there was an engine software update available for my car. They couldn't tell me exactly what it's supposed to do and I'm not sure I want it as the engine is running brillant.

I don't need more acceleration - There's toooo much already !! It's tooo easy to spin the wheels (mines a 2wd) if when you try to get away quickly at a roundabout even worse in the rain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Jason BB
I agree there is too much acceleration on the i35 .I had a Tucson for 6 years and it lolloped along and did not have any real omph.My new i35 really is lively and care does need to be applied if you put your foot down on a roundabout as it will spin the wheels easily .I find it hard to believe that an engine can be improved so much both from the economy side and power its a delight to drive. Only criticism is the seats don't seem as comfortable as the Tucson's but its early days yet so I might "bed " into them

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a software upgrade for the ix35 in Australia? I did not even know they did that... Should I ring up the dealer and ask? Mine is the Highlander - May 2010 model and I've done about 7000km

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said there is no update for the engine.The only software update is for the Sat nav and that's not essential.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts