Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, firstly just to say I recently bought a Series II ix35 Special Edition in Victoria, Australia and am looking to modify the front grille with a direct, straight-swap replacement.

I've looked online (eBay really) and found many sellers of these styled grilles which I'd like to install on my car:

h ttp://oi39.tinypic.com/kaqxzd.jpg (sorry I can't use links as I've not been a member for 7 days yet, please delete the space between h & ttp:// to view image)

ebay.com.au/itm/Front-Hood-Radiator-T-Grill-CHROME-Tuning-For-10-11-12-Hyundai-Tucson-ix35-/170909355727?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cafdcecf

I've contacted the sellers asking if the grille is compatible with the new, series 2 SEs and they say it isn't compatible. The sellers are based in Korea and China and when I asked why it isn't compatible they say they don't know and are only basing their advice on model years (compatible with 2010-13 models and I've told them mine is a 2014 - or is it perhaps a 2013?).

Basically, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with ix35 grilles and if these are fairly universal and able to fit on the latest ix35 special edition model?

Thanks for your advice - much appreciated!!

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi pracshooter, thanks for your reply - much appreciated!

Yes, that's exactly the grille I'm hoping to fit onto my Australian ix35 (tucson if you're in the US) but am unsure if the front grille has changed size/dimensions with each yearly update of the models (2010-13 etc).

I was told by a dealer that the dimensions may have changed (he didn't really seem to know though) but they look very similar from the photos on the ebay listing and your linked video.

I've contacted a supplier in Korea (from the thread you linked) and hopefully they can clarify the issue; they also put a year on the grille listing '2011-2012 Tucson Chrome Grille' which makes me wonder why it wouldn't fit a newer model? Cheers :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks for your help pracshooter.

I purchased and installed the grille (went smoothly) and would recommend the product. The result can be seen here in the original thread: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/1889570-post13.html

Mods feel free to lock / delete thread if needed - thanks!
Seems rather bizarre that this fits over the OEM grille!
How does that work? was it difficult to do and does it damage the OEM grille in any way?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts