Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

It's been a while since I have used a forum for help but i'm hoping someone can assist. I recently bought a 2011 Hyundai ix35 1.7 Diesel and my rear fog lights have stopped working.

I checked the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it turned them and and everything worked fine for about 2 seconds when the fuse blew again. I suspected a short on the lights somewhere so cleaned them all up and dried them all out and checked the wiring under the rear bumper and everything looks fine but tried again and same happened.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem or where I should look? I have searched online to find out where the relay is without any luck (Can only seem to find diagrams of where the fuse is), does anyone know where this is?

Before I take it in to an auto electrician I thought I should check everything I can first.

Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Ohm check the bulbs. They sometimes short internally.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Just so I understand properly. I have checked the bulbs and both seem in tact, are you saying they may have issues internally? Would I be able to test this by removing them both, replacing the fuse and trying it again without any bulbs in?

(Sorry if my question seems a little dumb, I have just never heard of it before).

Thanks

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Just so I understand properly. I have checked the bulbs and both seem in tact, are you saying they may have issues internally? Would I be able to test this by removing them both, replacing the fuse and trying it again without any bulbs in?

(Sorry if my question seems a little dumb, I have just never heard of it before).

Thanks
Sure...do that....if the fuse don't blow just replace the bulbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, A day playing and I figgered it out. Went to take the bulbs out as suggested and noticed the one wire wouldn’t move very far where as the other would. Had a look around the mounting plate and it appears someone had taken the bumper of at some point and trapped the wire. Trapped it so much it squashed them together, cut and shut later and it’s all working fine no blowing fuses.

Really happy with the fix and saved me the £50 it was going to take to get someone to just look at it.

Thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts