Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm new to this Forum, so hi and here goes!!

Just brought a IX35 Highlander (Burger with Nearly the Lot), and the Standard Radio is a bit "CRAP" so i want to replace it with This one (I HOPE) http://www.autodvdgps.com/hyundai-tucson-i...-rds-p-755.html

1. How do i get the existing Radio out ??
2. Has anyone brought this item in Australia and have it running ok.
3. Does it connect to the existing IPOD outlet in the Front part of the Console?
4. What maps do you use for the NAV ?
I don't want to spend the Bucks and the thing doesn't do all the goodies ie: NAV, MP3, DVD, BLUETOOTH ETC

I Need Help
Regards Peter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Peter
I can help
I am a australian distributor of ix35 gps dvd units like you are looking at.
I can supply and fit a unit for you, right here in melbourne. I have a unit fitted into my ix35 highlander that you can come and have a look at.
call me on 0438 443 218.
The problem with buying from overseas is: the ix35 is so new that overseas sellers know nothing about australian spec ix35. they cant even tell you if you need can bus or not. and the wire loom will be incorrect.
I know this because Ive been through months of promlems trying to get my units to correct plug and play specs for aussi ix35's.
ps ive sent you a email
thanks Wyatt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Guys
I also have an ix35 Highlander in Sydney - had it for just over a week.
I've seen these units on ebay and am also worried about how good they are.
1) Do they integrate with the steering wheel audio controls
2) Do they give you bluetooth - and if so, can you have steering wheel controls for the bluetooth
3) What about the fact that the highlander has an external amp and sub - will they still be used
4) WHat GPS software

wyattw - can you post photos of your install, and maybe some details?

The units on ebay seem "amaeatur-ish"..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lastly - can you give a rough indication of price of the unit both by itself, and installed. Do you do this in Sydney?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (Zubs @ Jul 14 2010, 08:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341582
Hi Guys
I also have an ix35 Highlander in Sydney - had it for just over a week.
I've seen these units on ebay and am also worried about how good they are.
1) Do they integrate with the steering wheel audio controls
2) Do they give you bluetooth - and if so, can you have steering wheel controls for the bluetooth
3) What about the fact that the highlander has an external amp and sub - will they still be used
4) WHat GPS software

wyattw - can you post photos of your install, and maybe some details?

The units on ebay seem "amaeatur-ish"..
Why not ask the seller on eBay these questions? You can use the "ask the Seller a Question" link. I am sure they would be more familiar with their product then we are.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Because i am directing these questions to the guy in melbourne who says he does this stuff - not the ebay sellers.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
WOW. This seems like a great alternative to the premium radio. It has navigation, bluetooth, steering wheel controls and all of the other goodies along with it. I like the fact that there is an input you can use for DVD or TV tuner. I would miss the voice commands from my factory GPS and I am not sure how well the GPS would be compared to the factory unit. I would really like someone who has purchased this and chime in about the sound quality and other features.
GL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys
The gps dvd units for the ix35 are great. they are a newer design than most of the other camry ect units.
Anyone who wants to know more can email me or call me I will be happy to share info and even give a demo
of the unit fitted to my ix35 highlander
As I am a seller and fitter of the units I dont want to say to much on the forum and break any rules
so contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (wyattw @ Jul 17 2010, 06:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342429
Hi Guys
The gps dvd units for the ix35 are great. they are a newer design than most of the other camry ect units.
Anyone who wants to know more can email me or call me I will be happy to share info and even give a demo
of the unit fitted to my ix35 highlander
As I am a seller and fitter of the units I dont want to say to much on the forum and break any rules
so contact me at [email protected]
Maybe you can post a "youtube" video of the operation of this unit. I for one am very curious to see how the navigation and other feature work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey does anyone know if the Australian ix35 elite diesel have can bus control or is it just the highlander model. I'm keen to try the cheap Chinese DVD gps unit. The eBay seller tells me it's compatible with the factory steering wheel contols and USB inputs but doesn't know about can bus for the Aussie models.

Also can anyone comment on the sound quality of these units compared to the factory stereo?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Contact wyattw (few posts above). Ibelieve Elite doesn't have CANBUS, just Highlander.
But contact wyatt - he reckons the ebay ones don't have the right loom/plug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Wyatt.

I've also sent you an email.

I am in Perth, and just picked up my ix35 Highlander in Titanium Grey, but like most others, was a bit **** they didn't kit it out with sat nav etc.

Would love to replace the unit as opposed to 'cheapening' the interior with a stick on GPS unit.

Mark.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All
I now have stock of the Gps dvd units for alll 3 models of ix35.
And will soon have units for the I30
Soon I will have my web page up and running. On the sight I will have full specs and details of the units with lots of photos.

As for the big can bus question. Its actually got nothing to do with the steering wheel controls, They will work with a unit with and without can bus.
I know this for a fact as ive fitted both types of units into my highlander to experiment.
However If your car has factory amplifier fitted like a highlander You will need can bus control to make it compatible with the amp.

I sell the units for $880 including gst. I have to charge the $80 gst as I sell through my company and supply the unit with a tax invoice for warranty reasons. 12months backed by me in Australia. So no sending the unit back to china like if bought on ebay....
I will however fit the units for free or post them to you free of charge in you are interstate.
And offer full support for any operating or fitting qusetions you might have.
As far as sound quality goes, Its much better than the factory units on models that dont have a factory amp fitted.
And on the highlander its the same as factory because its still using the factory amp.
I have fitted a unit into my highlander with a aftermarket Alpine amplifier 5 channel. And it sounds Fantastic.
Any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]
thanks Wyatt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Wyatt
In the highlander, where is the amp located? I can see the sub in the boot - but where is the amp? How easily were you able to replace the amp, and have you replaced the sub too?

I think it would also be worth you giving some more info about the units.. for example

1) HOw good is the mapping software
2) Does it integrate with the usb/line-in/ipod connectors near the cigarette tray
3) Since our ix35s in aus don't have bluetooth steering wheel controls, how do you control the bluetooth
4) Does it support digital TV etc etc

thanks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Wyatt,

If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to post pictures of the step by step method of removing the OEM radio and installing the new system?

Might make it easier than doing it over the phone etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys..

I'm seriously considering to own a ix35. But the new tucson ix35 in my place doesn't come with gps nav. A lot of posts above mentioned about self-installation of the replacement audio-gps unit. My questions is; wouldn't it affect the warranty if we mess with the original audio-console unit?

Pls advice..

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (weichieh007 @ Sep 3 2010, 10:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354012
Hi guys..

I'm seriously considering to own a ix35. But the new tucson ix35 in my place doesn't come with gps nav. A lot of posts above mentioned about self-installation of the replacement audio-gps unit. My questions is; wouldn't it affect the warranty if we mess with the original audio-console unit?

Pls advice..
I am not sure about the laws from your location but in the US a dealer cannot void the warranty due to an aftermarket item being installed. However, if the aftermarket installed item caused the problem then you would be responsible for the cost of the repair and damages that occur.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if there have been any updates on this since the original post?
I'm up in Brisbane and now have a shinny new IX35, I want to ether put my old 2xdin head unit in or get a new one like what has been discussed here. I am trying to find a Facia Plate and ISO wireing kit reallitvly cheep or I will bite the bullet and pick up a china head unit on ebay. I notice there is a NSW seller also selling the same head unit but as there $300 dif in the price I am happy to buy OS. :whistling:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts