Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a new ix35 but I have a few questions which someone may know the answers to.

1) I was under the assumption that when I began driving the doors would automatically lock. This does not appear to be the case although pushing the auto door locking button will do this for me. another thing is that when I turn the engine off while stopped the door locks automatically unlock. Basically what I am asking is can the doors automatically lock when driving has commenced and can they stay locked when the engine is turned off and only unlock when the door is opened from the inside.

2) I have to manually push the electronic folding door mirror button to fold the wing mirrors. Is is possible to have this automated and fold in and out upon engine stop/start? I know other cars have this feature.

3) The compass on the mirror automatically turns on upon engine start and to make it disappear I have to manually push the button on the mirror. I find it distracting and would like it to be turned off by default and activated manually.

Can any of these be achieved on the ix35 via coding the ECU?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had to take mine to the dealers to get the automatic door locks activated, think mine kick in when I get to about 9mph.

The folding mirrors can only be operated via the button, pity as it would have been a nice touch if they folded when you lock the doors by pressing the button on your handle or on your key.

cant comment on the compass as mine didn't come with the auto anti dazzle mirror.

hope some of this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to take mine to the dealers to get the automatic door locks activated, think mine kick in when I get to about 9mph.

The folding mirrors can only be operated via the button, pity as it would have been a nice touch if they folded when you lock the doors by pressing the button on your handle or on your key.

cant comment on the compass as mine didn't come with the auto anti dazzle mirror.

hope some of this helps
Thanks for replying Brisy. Yes it is a strange one that you have to manually push a button for the wing mirrors to fold when other vehicles do it automatically upon the engine stopping.

I have booked into the dealership next week to get the automatic door locking activated.

In terms of the compass it is the most useless off-putting thing I've every experienced in a vehicle!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced my Qashqai with an ix35 just 2 days ago and had the remarks.

I didn't investigate seriously yet, but I suspect that for both door lock and compass, there should be some trick like keeping the switch pressed for at least 5 seconds. I've seen that with Renault and Nissan, so perhaps it's the same with Hyundai.
My old Qashqai also had non-automatic folding mirrors and a small aftermarket module was available to make it automatic. I found the same for ix35, search ebay for "Side Mirror Auto Lock Folding System Modules for ix35". It cost ~30£, they have full diy instructions on the product page.

If I find out anything on points #1 and #3 (which matter more to me), I'll come back here to report.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
From a quick research it appears that the speed sensing door lock is not enabled on most ix35 and, as stated by Brisy, only the dealer can enable that. It must be done at no cost no matter some dealers trying to charge you for it.
A long press on the mirror button will deactivate the ECM (Self dimming mirror) but not the compass. Unless that can be disabled through ODB, I guess it's there to stay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just replaced my Qashqai with an ix35 just 2 days ago and had the remarks.

I didn't investigate seriously yet, but I suspect that for both door lock and compass, there should be some trick like keeping the switch pressed for at least 5 seconds. I've seen that with Renault and Nissan, so perhaps it's the same with Hyundai.
My old Qashqai also had non-automatic folding mirrors and a small aftermarket module was available to make it automatic. I found the same for ix35, search ebay for "Side Mirror Auto Lock Folding System Modules for ix35". It cost ~30£, they have full diy instructions on the product page.

If I find out anything on points #1 and #3 (which matter more to me), I'll come back here to report.
Cheers!
The dealership activated the automatic door locking, unfortunately it deactivates when the engine switches off rather than when you open a door which was the case in my 207.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts