Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Has anyone had problems with their (NAVTEQ) Media screen. This is the touch screen for the sat nav and media, supplied with the media upgrade on the IX35?
Mine went black/blank last week but the music was still audible. It was ok when I got back in the car after a quick stop at a shop. Today it went white/blank, I can still hear radio but just have the white/blank screen.

I suppose a visit to the garage is looming after only 3 weeks of ownership.....just wondering if anyone else had this expeience?

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (lienolien @ Aug 24 2010, 02:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351575
Hi Guys

Has anyone had problems with their (NAVTEQ) Media screen. This is the touch screen for the sat nav and media, supplied with the media upgrade on the IX35?
Mine went black/blank last week but the music was still audible. It was ok when I got back in the car after a quick stop at a shop. Today it went white/blank, I can still hear radio but just have the white/blank screen.

I suppose a visit to the garage is looming after only 3 weeks of ownership.....just wondering if anyone else had this expeience?
Hi lienolie

I found this post on another site "After less than 24 hrs and 26 mls on the clock the media centre packed up totally, no radio, no sat nav NADA! I contacted the garage but being on a Sunday nothing they could do then. Then it started working again later that day. Today Tuesday it has packed up again. When it was working my wife couldnt get the voice recognition to work either. Our Hyundai dealership have told us that Hyundai are aware of the fault and hoping to have a fix in the next couple of days!"

Not much help but can you let us know what your garage say?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Geordieix35

Thanks for the info, sounds exactly the same thing.

I parked the car and went out again later and all was ok. The media screen is working ok now, but I imagine this may happen again seeing as it has happened twice now,

If it comes back I will pursue this and give you a heads up....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Happened to me once in Corsica over the past couple of weeks (see my brief report on the delivery delay 6th page) - I put it down to the extremely hot weather. Switched the car off and then back on again and it had self corrected.

PH

·
Registered
17 Posts
My new IX35 lasted 400 miles before the media center packed up today !

Trouble started when I was on the phone using the bluethooth connection. I went to come off mute and what looked like a Windows error meesage came up saying there was a critcial error with bluethooth. It dropped the call to my boss (which didn't go down well) and from that point on bluetooth connectivity was broken, but the nav and radio continued to work.

When I next started the car about 4 hours later the screen was totally blank which left me a problem as I was going to use it to get to a hotel. I struggled across London and the blooming thing decided to reboot and start working just as I got to my destination (Grrr Grrr) not happy after taking me 30 mins longer to get there than needed with u-turns and mistakes. My trusty TomTom has never let me down, so think I need to pack it in the glovebox for the next emergency.

I think this device is one of those clever units that knows exactly when you need it most (ie. need the nav or talking to your boss) so that it can decide to fail :)

Also the traffic infomation system fails to collect any TMC info however I set it up.

I'd think carefully before choosing this £700 upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As a quick fix, you can pull the power fuse out and it re-sets. It's happened on mine once, pulled the fuese, left for 30 seconds, fuse back in and it's never faulted since.

Not ideal but if you get stuck somewhere, this'll help you.

Also, there's an update available, visit the Navteq website for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my (lovely- yes I still love it) ix35 for around 4 weeks and have done around 1400 miles. On the way home after a long drive (and it was hot outside) my media pack just froze. Nothing would work. Reverse Camera- no, Media- no, sat nav- no, radio- no not even the controls on the steering wheel. The CD wouldn't even eject!

I left the car overnight and this morning it all worked fine for a short while and then froze again. Come the evening and everything is working fine (tested it for around 20 minutes)- all- A OK.

It has been very warm recently and this could be the problem. It seems to me that it works when it's cool but as soon as the weather warms up- it stops working. I'm not saying this is acceptable- it definitely is not acceptable BUT it may be the reason it's happening. Going to try the "fuse trick" tomorrow if (when- it's going to warm again tomorrow!) the same thing happens.

Would like to hear others experiences especially if we can establish if outside temperature makes a difference. (I had the aircon on today and the cabin itself was cool and it still froze). I wonder if the heat exchanger for the aircon is near the back of the media unit ?

Please comment if you've had the same problem OR noticed this same trend.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I know I am in the USA, but I will throw my 2-cents in anyway. I have had the exact OPPOSITE problem. Occasionally, everything works EXCEPT the audio. You can still see the stations, whether satellite or FM, but hear nothing. The nav sys still functions as normal, but no voice. If I simply turn off the car and restart it, it is fixed. A minor annoyance, but possibly related. (?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please view my posting from April 22nd for description of original issue....Frozen Media Pack Screen and Buttons (inc reverse camera)

Ok- here's an update. I took my ix35 to my dealership. They contacted Hyundai and got a software download from them. The service manager told me that my car actually had the most recent download but they applied a slightly older software version and it has sorted all my problems!! Ok, it's early days but it's worked perfectly since I picked it up this morning and it had been completely frozen, so I am hopeful- I'll report back in a week or two......

It is possible that there os a bug in the most recent version of the software for the media pack, so I guess if you have this problem then a fix might be to apply the previous version of the software. I haven't noticed anything that I haven't got now that I had when I collected the car and to be honest, I'd rather have 95% of the functions- all working than 100% of the functions- none working!! If that's the case- but I don't believe it is.

Anyway, for now a happy ending. I can now re-kindle my excitement at having a new car - a such a nice new car at that!

Would welcome any comments to : [email protected]

Bye for now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Troops, hope you dont mind me asking what is probably a daft question? I have the media pack in my IX35 and I cannot seem to get any traffic information on the Sat Nav. Is this something I must subscribe to or should it be working? My dealer seemed not to know????? Thanks, Pete.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (brassmonkey858 @ Jul 12 2011, 01:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=474147
Hi Troops, hope you dont mind me asking what is probably a daft question? I have the media pack in my IX35 and I cannot seem to get any traffic information on the Sat Nav. Is this something I must subscribe to or should it be working? My dealer seemed not to know????? Thanks, Pete.
Hi Brassmonkey- I believe from reading other blogs that the traffic service is not activated in the UK and I don't think it's a subscription issue. It cannot work in the UK. A little frustrating that.

Btw- while i'm on here, just to say my media pack is still working fine after the software reinstall at the dealership. No problems with it hanging/freezing for months now. :D
:banana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
ix35 media freeze

QUOTE (brassmonkey858 @ Jul 12 2011, 01:15 AM)

Hi Brassmonkey- I believe from reading other blogs that the traffic service is not activated in the UK and I don't think it's a subscription issue. It cannot work in the UK. A little frustrating that.

Btw- while i'm on here, just to say my media pack is still working fine after the software reinstall at the dealership. No problems with it hanging/freezing for months now. :D
:banana:
Hi everybody,just like to tell everybody a quick fix to the media if the screen freezes.pull the fuse out,leave for 30 secs then re-insert.when the screen starts up quickly go to the settings menu and press factory reset.It will work straight away so no more frozen screen.never get the garage to update it as the upgrade affects the system.hope this helps.;):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frozen screen on media centre

Hi all. Looks like the problem still remains. I bought a brand new ix35 on 30th Jan and the media centre screen froze the following day. Corrected itself if left for an hour or so with the engine off.

The dealership (Bristol Street Motors in Nottingham) tried a software upgrade but that just froze the screen permanently. Eventually, they fitted a new unit 3 weeks ago. Worked fine for 2 weeks and has started to freeze intermittently again. Now booked in on Friday for another software upgrade - I get a deja vu feeling!

Also I am told that the "new" unit they fitted 3 weeks ago was an old reconditioned processor - in a brand new car where the fault was from new! That is outrageous and I've been told that I have to take it up with the powers that be in Hyundai UK, which I will.

Having said all that - still loving the car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traffic is working in the UK - (If you have latest update) it works when you have programmed a route or you can search under options (however if you do this then you just get major news in alphabetical order). Having been near M25 this morning there were many messages and suggested diversions !!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
A few people have commented about a quick fix... they're absolutely correct with this. But i just want to add..

1) that you need to have the car running
2) then open the fuse panel (bottom left side of steering column), look for the large orange or yellow fuse.
3) Pinch and pull it out (it will not come all the way out btw)
4) wait 30 seconds, then re insert.

Most of these audio/nav problems should be solved. if not, call the dealer they should be able to help (most of the time)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi my ix35 sat nav sreen freezes every now and then . Nothing on the touch screen responds. Then for no explicable reason it will become responsive again . The freezing episodes last from 30 seconds to an extended term. Max

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had a blank screen for a while now, with only one radio station, the volume works on the radio and the steering wheel but that's it. tried everything. good luck getting any help tried every were, with the dealer wanting £95+ vat just to look at it. don't think my next car will be a Hyundai, it's a 2010 I paid £8,000 just under a year ago, my sun roof shudders when closing, and a few other problems. the Hyundai dealers here are robbers with out masks, my mate had the same problems with his one, took it to them they charged him for an upgrade only for that not to work, when he went back they wouldn't give him his money back instead tried to get around a grand of him for a new one. I'm NOT going for a Hyundai after this one. pity to lovely car apart from the few faults.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts