Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started to hear some knowcking coming from the back of the car when going over bumps or slightly faster around tight bends.

Have checked there is nothing in the boot that could be causing this. The sound seems to be coming from underneath the car.

I have an ix35 premium diesel 2.0 - 2 months old.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would get it to a dealer and let them have a look. I once had a new KIA Sorrento and the prop shaft bolts were loose, so just because it's a new car don't think that things can't happen. Did you see my question about the trim missing at the rear of the front wings to the front of the doors?
Enjoy your new car but have it looked at.
Regards Drusy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you get an answer to this? My IX35 has also got a knocking when going round corners, I think it is coming from underneath the rear seat area. I have taken everything out of the car, including the rear seat and the spare wheel and the jack. Knock is still there. Dealers have heard it but do not know what it is. They reckon it will have to get worse before they can find it, any help would be good!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally solved the rattling or to describe it better, creaking that I heard from the rear of the car. The driver side rear suspension strut was the wrong way round. It apparently sits in a shoulder at a slight incline. The strut instead of going left to right went right to left. Simple solution to a factory fitted mistake!

(Warning... I am not a mechanic in anyway, this is what a mechanic at the garage I bought it from told me when he finally found the problem, 4 hours after starting to look for it!!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts