Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our ix35 2.0 Premium Diesel for about 6 weeks now, and I have a few queries around functionality of some features that I am hoping others will know about !!

1. If I leave the headlights ON, when I return to the car and open it, the lights should come on to guide me back in the dark - this doesn't happen. Have also tried this by leaving the lights in AUTO, but this also doesn't work
2. For the intermittent windscreen wipers, regardless of what setting I have this on, eg 1 or 2, they seem to operate as if on AUTO - is this correct?
3. After switching of the engine, getting out of the car and locking it, there is a faint tone from the car for a few seconds - what is this?
4. What sort of MPG are people getting? The best we have had is 34 on a long trip - not the level we expected to get

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lights
The lights if on "Auto" will stay on for around 15 secs then go off. They do not remember this setting when you restart the engine but will activate if the ambient light is low enough.

Wipers
They should work once as soon as the ignition is on, this allows the sensor to decide whether its moist or not. The rotating part of the wiper switch just defines the amount of pause for the first intermittent setting.

Faint tone
This is the car system shutting down, it runs for around 15 -20 secs and is in part responsible for the headlight shut down and all the other "live" activities on the i35 , its a bit like shutting a PC down its not immediate

Fuel Consumption
Always contentious.. Cold weather doe not help a heavy car and 28-30 is not unusual when cold. Once run in ( around 10,000 miles ) the engine loosens well and decent figures should be achieved. If you adhere to the soft touch guide on the instrument panel that's designed as the perfect gear change. With light throttle and 1 person on board 40plus on a run and 30 plus around town should be well in your reach in the UK abroad an Auto will be around 10% less

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (uktone @ Nov 30 2010, 09:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375748
Lights
The lights if on "Auto" will stay on for around 15 secs then go off. They do not remember this setting when you restart the engine but will activate if the ambient light is low enough.

Wipers
They should work once as soon as the ignition is on, this allows the sensor to decide whether its moist or not. The rotating part of the wiper switch just defines the amount of pause for the first intermittent setting.
Thanks for the reply and the info.

Lights
These do stay on correctly for around 15 secs if they are left in the ON or AUTO position, but the manual details that if you leave them on these settings, when you open the car again the lights should come on to guide you back to the vehicle (only if dark enough when on AUTO, but always when set to ON). This is the functionality that is not happening.

Wipers
If I set intermittent to be either 1 or 2, the duration between wipes doesn't change and just wipes when it think it needs to (as per the AUTO setting). I would have expected these settings to have a fixed time between wipes with setting 2 being having a shorter duration between wipes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lights

For Auto position if you want to have the headlight turn on when you return to your car, its has to be activate by the remote. Try unlock your car with the remote and its will turn on to guide you in the dark. Hope this help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (kosom @ Dec 1 2010, 07:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376034
Lights

For Auto position if you want to have the headlight turn on when you return to your car, its has to be activate by the remote. Try unlock your car with the remote and its will turn on to guide you in the dark. Hope this help.
Thanks, but have tried this by using the remote, in the dark, with the lights set to both ON and AUTO - neither work

·
Registered
10 Posts
4. What sort of MPG are people getting? The best we have had is 34 on a long trip - not the level we expected to get

The first run out with our ix35 auto, returned 43 mpg, over its first 150 miles mainly on the motorway system. The average has now dropped like a stone, with stop starts and town driving, but I am hoping to see inprovements once run in.

Regards Drusy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Drusey
you will find the fuel consumption heavy in cold weather. Diesels are more thirsty and need some warming before they perform well.I noticed this with the old Tucson, not bad in the summer but a gas gobbler on local journeys in the winter.
Don't necessarily believe the computer unless you leave the bar meter on. This is instant but the MPG one samples and calculates so you may find it a bit optimistic.
The best way is fill up to fill up and ensure it is full.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The buzzing sound on shut down is a "inverter" type device, the injectors run high voltage to allow extremely quick operation. So they have stuck the buzzin thing in there to turn your average 12 volts up to the 200 volt mark, basically when shut down this is the higher voltage draining off, causing the noise you hear. Nothing unusual nor to concern of.

Compared to my old hilux with its mechanical fuel pump, common rail systems are rather ingenious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts