Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure how the iX35 gets from the Slovakia factory to the UK ?

Has anyone seen a 4WD model in the UK other than at the press day or a demo to the trade, in other words has anyone had their order for a 4WD delivered yet ?

What are people finding ACTUAL delivery time is from order date to UK dealer (for non stock models, ie: CRDi 4WD Premium) ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my IX35 Premium 4wd with sat nav 2 weeks ago. My dealer advised 2-3 months delivery.
I too have not seen any premium 4wd ix35 anwhere!
I'm just hoping the lead time is sooner.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (RWB @ Jun 15 2010, 04:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333167
Does anyone know for sure how the iX35 gets from the Slovakia factory to the UK ?

Has anyone seen a 4WD model in the UK other than at the press day or a demo to the trade, in other words has anyone had their order for a 4WD delivered yet ?

What are people finding ACTUAL delivery time is from order date to UK dealer (for non stock models, ie: CRDi 4WD Premium) ?
welcome to the forums :00000732:

there has been very little talk about the ix35 on the forums as yet, this model is far too new in the uk for anyone to have any precise information about it. however if you (or anyone else) hears anything please post it up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was promissed mid May delivery in April, having bought an Audi I thought European factories (Audi is built in Hungary) had delivery dates and manufacturing schedules down to a fine art these days and shared order progress with customers, Hyundai are proving me wrong.

Latest revised delivery from dealer was first week in June, now he does not know, says he has been told factory can produce 6000 a month and they are back ordered 60,000, bottom line is, total lack of delivery info from Hyundai UK to dealers.

Hope we don't get a VAT increase on the 22nd !!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You share my same concern regarding VAT!!!
The story I was spun is that due to the high demand for vehicles during the scrappage scheme the factory/ies were struggling to catch up.
Be nice to hear when your motor arrives... give me some idea on lead time.

1st time of considering to purchase Hyundai, hope I am not disapointed.

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered a 2.0 4WD Premium with both packs on 19th April and was told second week of July delivery...looks like I may possibly be looking at a 60 reg by the comments I read here....

That was a 12 week lead time, although when I went to a hyundai dealer ( I have used a broker) I was told 16 weeks, maybe earlier...

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (lienolien @ Jun 18 2010, 12:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334033
Ordered a 2.0 4WD Premium with both packs on 19th April and was told second week of July delivery...looks like I may possibly be looking at a 60 reg by the comments I read here....

That was a 12 week lead time, although when I went to a hyundai dealer ( I have used a broker) I was told 16 weeks, maybe earlier...
Hi, i,m new to the forum and i have on order ix35 premium 4x4 with both media and individual pks, in sirus silver with brown leather. I ordered on the 14th may and have been told delivery will be 31st july or sooner. karl.

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (AVFC @ Jun 19 2010, 04:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334414
Hi, i,m new to the forum and i have on order ix35 premium 4x4 with both media and individual pks, in sirus silver with brown leather. I ordered on the 14th may and have been told delivery will be 31st july or sooner. karl.
Update; i have today been informed there major delays due to exesive demand. my earliest delivery date is now 31st august, but i've been told it will most likley be mid to end of september. The main thing is the dealer is going to stand on the px price he gave us. karl.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

I ordered a Premium 2WD CRDi in black with media pack on 24 April with the promise of 8 week delivery. I have just been told that delivery should be within the next 4 weeks. The garage have promised me they will try to find out more during the next few days. If they have any news will post again - I'm not holding my breath though!!!

Haven't seen any ix35's on the road - only the garage demonstrator!

PH

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (ph1963 @ Jun 27 2010, 12:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336483
Hi

I ordered a Premium 2WD CRDi in black with media pack on 24 April with the promise of 8 week delivery. I have just been told that delivery should be within the next 4 weeks. The garage have promised me they will try to find out more during the next few days. If they have any news will post again - I'm not holding my breath though!!!

Haven't seen any ix35's on the road - only the garage demonstrator!

PH
My 4WD was supposed to be manufactured in March with delivery to my dealer by Early/Mid May, doubt they were massivly back ordered when this production date was confirmed and this order placed by the dealer.

Getting comments from Hyundai like there are sometime problems with the supply of parts which can delay production.

Have also been told about massive back order on the Slovakia factory, told they could manufacture 6000 a month with an order book of 60,000, but I am not sure I believe anything I am told by Hyundai anymore, the dealers seem to be in the same information vacuum.

Wast told build date of 21st June delivery mid to end July to me by Hyundai, dealer was told yesterday, not built yet, maybe built early July, delivery may be August?

I visited one dealer who had 3 outside unregistered and two demo models, one a petrol the rest diesel, but no 4WD.

Anyone else got any news?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys
New here following change to Hyundai
Must be one of the luck ones!!
Ordered IX35 4WD premium plus media and individual packs on 23 March
Delivered 24 May

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (alanc @ Jul 2 2010, 11:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338172
Hi Guys
New here following change to Hyundai
Must be one of the luck ones!!
Ordered IX35 4WD premium plus media and individual packs on 23 March
Delivered 24 May
Alanc, how are you finding your 4wd version, as i ordered mine on the impressive drive of the 2 wheel version. Does it feel a lot more planted to the road?. Also is it nice and smooth to drive. thanks karl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Karl
love the car with all the gizmos. Went for the 4WD after all the snow this year, got snowed out 3 times and could not get up the hils to get home
It is not permanent 4WD but only cuts in when less than 25mph, or you can select permanent 4WD again if speed less than 25mph
So the answer to you question is that under normal driving conditions the road handling is no different at all

Bet theres no snow next year!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (alanc @ Jul 5 2010, 11:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338916
Karl
love the car with all the gizmos. Went for the 4WD after all the snow this year, got snowed out 3 times and could not get up the hils to get home
It is not permanent 4WD but only cuts in when less than 25mph, or you can select permanent 4WD again if speed less than 25mph
So the answer to you question is that under normal driving conditions the road handling is no different at all

Bet theres no snow next year!!
alanc, did u go for the brown leather? if so how does it look in the flesh so to speak. I know the 4wd is not permanent but does it generally feel more grippy than 2 wd version. Also off topic a bit, i had a new shape 56reg santa fe which had very creaky seat bases\ frames, this was ressolved with the fitting of two new leather seats out of another santa fe. Do the ix35 seats have any creaks. Many thanks karl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Karl
No I stayed very conventional!!
Sirius silver outside and black inside. Do not like the look of the brown leather (personal taste only!!)
No creaks so far, seems good and solid throughout
The only niggle I would make is the bluetooth, reception of outgoing calls seems to be OK but no-one seems to be able to hear me clearly (either that or they are trying to tell me something!!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (alanc @ Jul 5 2010, 04:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338973
Karl
No I stayed very conventional!!
Sirius silver outside and black inside. Do not like the look of the brown leather (personal taste only!!)
No creaks so far, seems good and solid throughout
The only niggle I would make is the bluetooth, reception of outgoing calls seems to be OK but no-one seems to be able to hear me clearly (either that or they are trying to tell me something!!)
Thanks for info, i've also had sirus silver as i think its the best colour!. i was dithering over which leather colour , but two different dealers i spoke to have seen the brown leather in a sirus silver car and a white car, they said these colours set the car off a treat.I'm just a stickler for anything that rattles or creaks. I've been told delivery will be begining of september at the earliest so i'm relying on you to keep my fix going with regular updates!!. many thanks karl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (RWB @ Jun 15 2010, 04:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333167

18th of April, I ordered my IX35 Premium. Date keeps going backwards, now sometime in August. Dealer tells me that there is a specific delay on the 4WD models and all new customers are advised of a 4 month lead time. A guy in my village has had a 2WD version since May, its the only other model I've seen on the roads.

Update - Interesting call with dealer on Friday 23/7/10. Evidently, I won't see my car before September but I will be getting a letter from the MD of Hyundia UK, apologising for the delay and offering me £500 of free accessories as a 'sorry'. As I'm away for most of August anyway and my PX deal is being protected, I'm very happy with this result !

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Premium with Media Pack (Black) ordered on 24 April has arrived at the dealer and am due to take it over on Monday. Looking forward to it! Will happily update when I've had a drive early next week.

PH :banana:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all

We have had a battle to get info out of our dealer for a month now. Finally told it should be delivered mid-August (Ordered 17 April). Have told them to keep it until the 1st Sept as I'd prefer a nice 60'reg on it, as after waiting this long, 2 extra weeks won't hurt.

I was told they have just started building May orders last week, so pretty much a month an half behind schedule.

So with all the will in the world, new car should be mine on 1st September.

Cheers

Mal

1 - 20 of 185 Posts