Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.... We ordered a ix35 on the 8th may ......it is now the 16 of September and still no car. The dealer has told us we would be getting the upgrade ix35 with blue tooth, telescopic steering, better shocks and rear parking sensors... the my11 model he called it but we cant seem to find anything on the net about this upgrade.. Has anyone else heard of this upgrade or waited this long for an ix35.... This is our first hyundai purchase and i has not been good so far. I have even emailed hyundai asking them what is going on and got told the wait is normal...

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (rose-red @ Sep 16 2010, 09:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356533
Hi.... We ordered a ix35 on the 8th may ......it is now the 16 of September and still no car. The dealer has told us we would be getting the upgrade ix35 with blue tooth, telescopic steering, better shocks and rear parking sensors... the my11 model he called it but we cant seem to find anything on the net about this upgrade.. Has anyone else heard of this upgrade or waited this long for an ix35.... This is our first hyundai purchase and i has not been good so far. I have even emailed hyundai asking them what is going on and got told the wait is normal...
I ordered mine at the beginning of August through an internet site called Private Fleet. They have been excellent not only in getting me a $3,500 discount but updating me on fortnightly basis. Mines due on the 29th October. I would assume your's will be about the same time as I was told the MY11 was only starting production last month and that's the quickest it could get here. Anyway, good luck.....salesmen will tell you anything!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I asked a couple of dealers about bluetooth and they had no idea, some had cars in stock (maybe fibbing) others had none (no reason to lie) so who knows what we will be getting. Another dealer who only had one diesel left could not tell me when the next stock delivery would turn up. I think from memory all they knew was they were on the water and depending on many factors could be couple of weeks or month or so. No idea if MY10 or MY11.

We were tossing up new vehicles casually for a few weeks in early August. I was steering my wife to things a little bigger and more powerful than the crappy Echo she picked last time. She pointed out a friends diesel I30 who was upgrading to IX35. So we looked on net at IX35 on the Monday, test drove a couple locally on Tuesday, went to Brissie on Saturday and did the deal and went back down the following Saturday and picked it up. Could have picked up mid week but couldn't get out of work to make the 2hr trip in time. We got a good deal from what it would appear was one of the only dealers in Bris that had good stocks with several models and colour choices. They had gambled early and ordered a shite load and whilst they were moving well they were getting to the point where they really needed to start moving the rest due to floor plan costs.

I feel for you, I've waited up to 3 months for other vehicles in years gone by cause I wanted a special build but not for a standard production run. Had to spend 3 months in our old Morris Minor once whilst we waited. As much as we like the IX35 and it is good value for money in all honesty if the dealer told me we had to wait that long I would have made the wife choose something else as the Hyundai and "softroader" format was not nearly at the top of my shopping list.

I were to have to wait for any car in the future I would detail a cut off date in any contract to enable me to easily pull out if I got sick of waiting. Doesn;t help you now and I hope you don't suffer the time frames as some of the UK buyers seem to but lets hope you get it soon and it is in fact a MY11 model. Not sure when someone like Hyundai starts dropping next years models into the market but given the demand for this model seems they certainly don't have to, to boost sales.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rose-Red, I got my ix35 within 14 days. The dealership just happened to have the colour and model I wanted on the way from Brisbane. Picked it up in Townsville with all the bells and whistles on. My dealer told me I was very lucky to get it and that the wait is usually 1 month or more. I got the car in August and have no regrets. The diesel option was worth the extra expense. Hyundai ix35

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have also ordered a red ix35 highlander in late July and have been told it will be available on 29th Oct.
I even wrote to " ask Smithy " in the herald sun in Melboune and he tells me the wait is caused by the shortage of diesel motors.
I haven't heard of the upgrades but will be happy if they are included.
I would have thought with the rapid rise of the Aussie dollar that Hyundai could also throw in the navigation system available overseas.

Please let me know when you receive your IX35 and whether or not it has the upgraded items.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up my new ix35 on thursday!!!!!!!! Love it...... it came with all the upgrades they told us about..... Its a great car.[attachment=20520:internet_photo.JPG]:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my ix35 highlander in July. Had been told originally that delivery due late sept. Later it was confirmed that production will begin end of Sept and arrival in Australia will be 11 November and will have it in my possession by 20 Nov. I also have been told that it will be the 2011 modified version.

Rose-red, has your car come with the bluetooth? Is there a larger screen on the dash to accommodate the bluetooth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes ours has arrived with bluetooth, rear parking sensors, telescopic steering and a shockies upgrade as promised. I dont think the screen is any bigger...but the bluetooth is a real bonus, easy to set up and works well.....Its worth the wait, we were getting really annoyed but now we have it all is forgotten. Good luck with yours :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rose-red

Looks nice in metalic black, think i would have added on the door guards though as most people dont gave a **** about other people cars !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks rose-red. I've done extensive research and comparisons with different vehicles in same class and I have no intention on changing my mind!!! I'll report when it's in my hands. Enjoy!! :liebe011:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rose Red,

I was told the MY11 has rear privacy glass. Do you think it's advisable to add extra reflective tint to keep the heat out or does the original do the job? I guess the front doors would still have to be done due to tint regulations. I've just been advised mine's been delayed till November now. I knew that was coming!! :whistling: :wallbash:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I ordered black highlander for my wife on 08th Aug. Dealer initially informed arrival 27th Sep with 7 days to pickup.

Yesterday I was told 29th Oct with 3 weeks to clear customs, pre-delivery, accessories fit, etc. - so revised pickup date 20th Nov. It is 2011 model. Dealer spun story about shipping delays & Hyundai stuff up with ordering.

I'm planning to write to Hyundai but not sure whether this will help in anyway!

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (TheBaryon @ Oct 7 2010, 01:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361672
Hi,
I ordered black highlander for my wife on 08th Aug. Dealer initially informed arrival 27th Sep with 7 days to pickup.

Yesterday I was told 29th Oct with 3 weeks to clear customs, pre-delivery, accessories fit, etc. - so revised pickup date 20th Nov. It is 2011 model. Dealer spun story about shipping delays & Hyundai stuff up with ordering.

I'm planning to write to Hyundai but not sure whether this will help in anyway!

Hi The Baryon...I ordered in July and have been confirmed that I will receive mine on 20th Nov. So I've been waiting 5 months. No point in complaining to Hyundai as I believe the next shipment is the November one, so we just need to wait. I haven't experienced this before, but I'm starting to understand what a Ferarri owner now feels like when he places his order...LoL I'm Sydney based but as you will see on this and other forums, we won't regret the wait.... cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum. I have a new IX35 MY11 Highlander. I ordered it on the 24th of September and took delivery on the 8th of October so I guess I'm very lucky when I read some of the other posts. In fact delivery could have been earlier but I waited until my day off.

In my searching for a car all over Qld I found a few vehicles in stock. As far as the MY 11 goes, here is a link to a new story that details the new model.
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf...A2577B9001EFFF5

So far I'm very happy. This is my first diesel and what a joy it is to drive, ooooodles of TORQUE !

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Hes @ Oct 12 2010, 11:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363121
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum. I have a new IX35 MY11 Highlander. I ordered it on the 24th of September and took delivery on the 8th of October so I guess I'm very lucky when I read some of the other posts. In fact delivery could have been earlier but I waited until my day off.

In my searching for a car all over Qld I found a few vehicles in stock. As far as the MY 11 goes, here is a link to a new story that details the new model.
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf...A2577B9001EFFF5

So far I'm very happy. This is my first diesel and what a joy it is to drive, ooooodles of TORQUE !

Thanks so much for that link.

We also ordered our Highlander in early July and are still waiting. Our latest date is end of October, but from what people are saying it sounds as if it will be more like mid or late November.

The dealer told us that the cars that arrived at the end of September were in fact MY10 models. I've been trying to identify exactly what had changed in the MY11 model. The dealer has been absolutely useless, but that link is brilliant. The other half has been so cross at the delay that he's threatening to cancel the order and go buy a Tiguan. That link has allowed me to soothe his rage, as the changes are well worth the wait.

Roll on the end of the month (or however long it takes)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have also been told it will now be mid November.
The highlander will be the new model but I will be charged an extra $500 for the privilege of waiting over 3 months with the aussie dollar soaring and still a price rise.
Did everyone else have to pay the extra $500?

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (Peterban @ Oct 19 2010, 09:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364458
I have also been told it will now be mid November.
The highlander will be the new model but I will be charged an extra $500 for the privilege of waiting over 3 months with the aussie dollar soaring and still a price rise.
Did everyone else have to pay the extra $500?
Peterban...I haven't and neither should you. A price was agreed to and a contract entered into. You should dig your heels in and watch them dance. Threaten to go to motor authorities such as NRMA or similar in your state and do so if you have to. Don't pay it!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Unfortunately the contract states if their is a price rise it will be added to the price.
I will contact Hyundai and ask if they are supplying dealers at the old price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went in to Test drive the ix35 Elite diesel last Mon 18/10/10 and took delivery on Wed 20/10/10, reversing senors, bluetooth, 5 Mag wheels, leather, build date Aug 01, 2010, so far after only have done some some 250 k's it's just a great car, we had the choice of color, we got Blue Ice

Cheers

Dave

[attachment=20887:Coolongata.JPG]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts