Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken delivery of an IX35 (UK) a couple of days ago and one of the first things I did was pair my iPhone 3GS to it, which worked successfully and able to make/receive calls. However, yesterday, it would not work at all. the car could not find the phone. I manually tried to connect to it via the Bluetooth options in the car settings with no luck. So I deleted the phone.
I pulled out both Audio fuses in the interior fusebox for well over a minute, plugged back in and did a factory reset of the Nav/Audio/Phone equipment. Still no luck with it finding the phone.

About 2 hours later I popped into the car to try again and it worked and happily paired again.

This morning it worked straightt away I saw it connected to the phone and was able to bring up phone controls on the car. I'd only made a 10 min journey into town and gone shopping. Back to the car 30 mins later and once again the car Bluetooth fails to connect to the phone and can't find any Bluetooth devices.

Tried with a Sony Ericsson K810i and it didn't find that either.
Seems the built-in Bluetooth is very flaky?

Does anyone have any advice on this? Or heard from dealers about known issues?

Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My wife and I both have 3GS and my wifes works every time but the car wont even see mine. I have to connect it through the phone. Both phones use the same OS4. If I make my phone the default then it's reversed.

Very odd.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, over the past 3 weeks it's been off and on with Bluetooth. Sometimes it just doesn't initialise and no Bluetooth symbol appears in the satnav/media display.
Yesterday on the way to work it was OK. But nothing when I got in the car to go home after work. Went shopping, and lo and behold it started working again. Too random for my liking to be honest and I've booked it in to get looked at.

However, worryingly, I got the error message as shown in the image when I got in the car yesterday after work as my music started playing...

PANIC: unexpected value (?)
[attachment=20961:ix35_error.JPG]

The other 2 pics show functioning and non-functioning bluetooth as depicted by missing symbols. If it doesn't initialise when starting the car, then it won't appear at all. Have usually found it's OK the next morning after leaving car overnight.

[attachment=20962:ix35_bluetooth.jpg]

[attachment=20963:ix35_no_bluetooth.jpg]

The music continued to play OK even with this error on screen, and I could happily press the Media / Radio / Map buttons and show their own screens. Didn't see the error again.

I suspect (hope) they'll reinstall software/firmware and this'll fix the intermittent Bluetooth problem.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts