Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if we're likely to see Post Code entry on the ix35 MediaPack SatNav at any time?

At present the SatNav is about as good as a Chocolate Teapot if you need to find somewhere with a house number on a long road.

Is there any way to lobby Hyundai or NAVTEQ on this issue.

BCEly

·
Registered
24 Posts
You are correct its not a wonderful system and like most integrated units not much attention is paid to after sales.
You may find this link helpful
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...yundaiEMEA-Site

I spoke to their technical people a few weeks ago and "they are working on it" they are also looking at adding cameras and black spots to the software.I wish it was possible to erase the software and reload the Tom tom software as I don't trust the Navtec as it does calculate some funny routes.
It will be interesting next year as I understand Renault commercial vehicles will have a integrated Tom Tom system and it may be "swappable"

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have only minimal experience of the sat nav so far, and have found it a little tempramental. It appears to want to take you off the most obvious routes (motorways) and onto 'A' and 'B' roads, when there is absolutley no need. I think the best thing to do is to set up planned routes and not to deviate from them until you are nearing your destination. Yes I am more than a little disappolinted.

I found the link to the Navtec sight useful, thanks for that. I have had two Navtec sytems previously and they were very good, so I cannot understand the current niggles!
Regards Drusy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had this reply from NAVTEQ

"The LG navigation system fitted into the Hyundai IX35 works by street names rather than postcodes. This is a decision of the system manufacturer and at this moment there are no plans to release a system update to allow postcode input."

For me, this is an expensive upgrade so it would be nice if they put some more effort in improving some of these 'features'. Ones a did not spot during my test drive. A real issue for me is the clock. Why cannot the analogue clock be used when the system is on - it looks rather nice after all. Why cannot the digital clock be visable on every screen e.g. on the list of FM presets, it cannot be seen.

Come on LG & Hyundai, you have a good product in the IX35 can you deliver some great customer service?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi this sat nav software has surprised me being so poor with no post code search the other poor feature is that they have included the TMC in the unit but Hyundai have not activated it WHY :angry: see below

Thank you for your enquiry about the TMC system and its availability in the UK.

Assuming that TMC is supported by your system (your dealer can provide you with more information on this), the availability of this function is restricted in the UK.

The UK has several commercial providers of TMC codes, so your car manufacturer/navigation system vendor needs to have an agreement with one of the TMC code providers before NAVTEQ can add them to the database. Therefore, we recommend that you contact your dealer.

Regarding software updates for your navigation system. NAVTEQ is the map database supplier for your navigation system however we are not the system manufacturer and have no further influence on the hardware and/or software on your navigation system. In general, your navigation system does not have the facilities for postal code search. This will most likely not change unless Hyundai provide a special software update for that function. We recommend you to contact Hyundai for further information regarding this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like a number of SatNav systems the one on the iX35 takes only a partial postcode.

Enter the postcode less the last two letters into the place you would otherwise enter the city/town.

You can then see a list of streets that it covers, or at least you can on mine

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (John_MP @ Dec 14 2010, 03:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379778
Like a number of SatNav systems the one on the iX35 takes only a partial postcode.

Enter the postcode less the last two letters into the place you would otherwise enter the city/town.

You can then see a list of streets that it covers, or at least you can on mine

Hi Please can you talk me though how to fine were you put the post code in ????????????

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
For postcode entry tap the address bar and instead of typing the street name type the post code instead. It will allow the first 4 letters and numbers....ie AB12 3...
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (michaelb5153 @ Dec 8 2010, 04:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377889
Hi this sat nav software has surprised me being so poor with no post code search the other poor feature is that they have included the TMC in the unit but Hyundai have not activated it WHY :angry: see below

Thank you for your enquiry about the TMC system and its availability in the UK.

Assuming that TMC is supported by your system (your dealer can provide you with more information on this), the availability of this function is restricted in the UK.

The UK has several commercial providers of TMC codes, so your car manufacturer/navigation system vendor needs to have an agreement with one of the TMC code providers before NAVTEQ can add them to the database. Therefore, we recommend that you contact your dealer.

Regarding software updates for your navigation system. NAVTEQ is the map database supplier for your navigation system however we are not the system manufacturer and have no further influence on the hardware and/or software on your navigation system. In general, your navigation system does not have the facilities for postal code search. This will most likely not change unless Hyundai provide a special software update for that function. We recommend you to contact Hyundai for further information regarding this.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering, as my old Navman has full TMC via an add-on module. I find the LG system strange {to put it mildly] some R/abouts, says "turn left", others, "turn left then", or actually say's " at r/about take xx exit" why is this, does anybody have the same issue? If u don't look at the display, which is not always possible, u end up taking a wrong turn.
Another point, if anybody can answer, the volume, regardless of setting ie. below 5 on map route anouncement always comes in at 5, cant have it quiet, say at 1 or 2 although set at that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been onto Hyundai about a map upgrade as the one currently installed is December 2009.
Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right is doing is a classic. Hyundai have farmed out customer service to the RAC at Birmingham. I asked about an map upgrade and was told yes contact Navteq and they will provide free an update.Well I thought it was unusual so I went onto the web site as directed but was promptly redirected back to Hyundai.
Contacted Hyundai again and was assured if I contacted this site it would advise me on updates. Well I registered for new maps as indicated and asked Navteq on the questionnaire to inform me when new maps were available only to get a reply about 10 mins later saying they do not support the system on the i35 and to contact Hyundai direct.
Its typical of manufacturers ( not jut Hyundai) to add these extras , screw another £1000 for the "package" and then just walk away.Tom Tom upgrade maps around every 4 months and apart from the i35 system being next to useless I would like to know where I am and not driving in the middle of a field as indicate don this map as its so out of date

1 - 11 of 11 Posts