Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it started with the gear shift indicator failing on the Saturday.On the Sunday the downhill assist light came on (red) and couldn't be removed by the button on the dash.Ive it on diagnostics which came back with steering calibration sensor.The code was removed and the red light went off but the gear shift indicator has not worked since.2 weeks later the downhill assist is back on (red)..Any ideas whats causing these issues?? Much appreciated.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
What are the codes? I think you may have two problems. Need the codes to see if there's a correlation between them.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
For Hyundai that code is for fuel cut valve. Not familiar with this.

@wongpfh Do you have info for this code? Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,322 Posts
Only code I had was p1621..
Are you sure that's the code?

What you describe sounds to me like a problem with the DBC (Downhill Brake Control) which is a function of the ABS/ESP. Codes relating to the ABS/ESP would be prefixed with a 'C', not a 'P'.

And if it is a 'P' code suggesting there is a problem with the engine control system it might be helpful if you told us what engine we're working with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 1.7 diesel engine.I was told it could be the neutral switch which has been changed but still the same..Downhill assist light red and gear shift indicator not working.Im thinking it could be the clutch switch...I may have made a mistake with the code number but it did read "steering calibration sensor".Hope this helps...thanks.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,322 Posts
Im thinking it could be the clutch switch.
The clutch switch sounds like a possibility, although "neutral switch" had me thinking it was an auto gearbox.

Does the car have cruise control? Clutch switch failure usually prevents the cruise from working too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts