Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to the other transmission problems I've had with this vehicle, a new one has crept in.

Until recently, I had the ability to change from full automatic to a manual shift. Now that's not working. I went by and talked with my transmission man and he said it should be a sensor at the shift lever.

First, has anyone had any experience with this issue?

Second, has anyone fixed this themselves and if so, how and how much was it (rude to ask the money question but still would like to know)?

I'm guessing I need to remove the plastic around the shift lever and somehow either remove the handle grip on the shift lever or somehow get it through the plastic. I'd like to have some guidance before I attempt this.

Any advice, besides take it to a dealership (haven't found a good one yet and I've tried two) or live with it is not what I'm looking for.

Thank you - Bruce

·
Registered
21 Posts
the plastic on your gearshifter probably broke off so youcan get a new one or do a jerry rig byusing glue and some match sticks to build up switch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I used shrink wrap tubing to build it up, and build it up quite nicely it did. However, that didn't make a difference. That plastic looked like a rawhide chew-toy!

When I feel like it, I'm going to pull the center console so I can see where the switch actually is and see how hard the wiring harness is to replace. Then, once I price the part out, I'll decide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts