Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just got an iPhone 5S with iOS 7, and when I connect the phone to the car using the aux cable (yes, I bought the lightning adapter), I noticed that iTunes Radio would appear under PLAYLIST. Awesome!

I started using iTunes Radio and, at first, I was able to SKIP to the next song using the controls on the steering wheel. Recently, however, the skip function stopped working.

Anyone else experience this? Does skipping work on your car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've figured it out!!! It doesn't have anything to do with the six songs per hour thing.

Here's what you need to do to get your steering wheel's controls to work with iTunes Radio:

CLOSE OUT of the music app (this is important)! Then turn on the car, plug the cable into the iPhone, go to "playlists" then "iTunes Radio" and click on any station that's on there. After you do this, you'll be able to control "skipping" from the controls on the steering wheel, and the "play more like this" function from the phone. Meanwhile, the music app on the phone will REMAIN CLOSED. And that's good.

However, if you OPEN the music app, turn on the car, then plug the cable into the iPhone, you CANNOT control "skipping" from the steering wheel. Additionally, the "play more like this" function won't register when clicked.

Hope this helps people. Happy listening!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea, the non-nav factory radio integration with iDevices is totally wonky. I have had the same experience; one needs to start playing a track before you plug the iSomething into the deck. Otherwise, you get the no file found error.

This issue largely prevents me from using the SiriusXM app, and is a PITA when using Pandora.

I will be sure to convince Hyundai to replace the radio (or upgrade the firmware) before my warranty runs out. Hopefully Hyundai fixes these bugs eventually...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts