Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to own a matrix, But i have heard tht its fuel consumption is high
and it is sluggish due to its heavy body which in turn effect in power and pick up.So can anyone else experience it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
FC is high due to it 1.3ton weight...compare to other 1.6cc saloon weight is only 1.1ton.... B)
Originally posted by wintex@Jul 25 2004, 02:13 PM
I have decided to own a matrix, But i have heard tht its fuel consumption is high
and it is sluggish due to its heavy body which in turn effect in  power  and pick up.So can anyone  else experience it.
[snapback]367[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Originally posted by wintex@Jul 25 2004, 02:13 PM
I have decided to own a matrix, But i have heard tht its fuel consumption is high
and it is sluggish due to its heavy body which in turn effect in  power  and pick up.So can anyone  else experience it.
[snapback]367[/snapback]​


Initially felt the same... after some mod, gone are the days. Haha :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Originally posted by StarOmega@Jul 30 2004, 10:33 PM
Initially felt the same... after some mod, gone are the days.  Haha  :lol:
[snapback]598[/snapback]​


Wat mods u do? Where u do it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Originally posted by ben7an@Oct 13 2004, 03:47 AM
Wat mods u do?  Where u do it?
[snapback]1710[/snapback]​


Mod for fuel consumption? Tell me.... tell me....
How much can i shave aft the mod? :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Originally posted by cherry@Oct 29 2004, 05:28 AM
Mod for fuel consumption? Tell me.... tell me....
How much can i shave aft the mod? :huh:
[snapback]2132[/snapback]​

Mod the driver 1st be light on ya pedal
that's what John Taylor will tell you to do too
cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. So I am repeating a question that many may have asked before.

I'm getting all confusing messages about Matix's FC. Can someone set the record straight?

How much does it do for a litre in city running?

And will there be a difference in FC between 90 Octane and 95 Octane petrol?

Looking forward to some feedback. It will help me greatly since I'm in th emarket for a new car and Matrix is one of my options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Originally posted by sampathd@Jan 19 2005, 05:39 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. So I am repeating a question that many may have asked before.

I'm getting all confusing messages about Matix's FC. Can someone set the record straight?

How much does it do for a litre in city running?

And will there be a difference in FC between 90 Octane and 95 Octane petrol?

Looking forward to some feedback. It will help me greatly since I'm in th emarket for a new car and Matrix is one of my options.
[snapback]5063[/snapback]​


FC is dependent on how you drive the car, not gadget you need to put in. If you are concern with FC, drive a car with VVT (VTi, VVTi, CVVT, etc) technology, like Honda or Toyota. My ex 1991 Corolla 1.5A VVTi run 14km/l with abusive driving. Now my Matrix 1.6A run 11.5km/l on very careful driving. You decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I've noticed the aircond system for the local version does not have thermostatic control. Once the aircond is on, it's always on (i.e the compressor is engaged). Air temperature is regulated with a mixture of hot air. Even when the temperature is adjusted to hot, the compressor is still engaged - what a waste!

AS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Originally posted by Asingh@Feb 15 2005, 04:25 AM
I've noticed the aircond system for the local version does not have thermostatic control. Once the aircond is on, it's always on (i.e the compressor is engaged). Air temperature is regulated with a mixture of hot air. Even when the temperature is adjusted to hot, the compressor is still engaged - what a waste!

AS.
[snapback]6629[/snapback]​


Not true, it still cut off when it reach the lower temp. it run & monitor by a temp. sensor in the evaporator will do the regulating job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Originally posted by ssslau@Feb 15 2005, 01:12 PM
Not true, it still cut off when it reach the lower temp. it run & monitor by a temp. sensor in the evaporator will do the regulating job.
[snapback]6632[/snapback]​


Heard that some workshop can remove the aircon "hot pipe" ... so you only have cool air. That may help to improve the efficiency but down side is no warm air during morning/cold weather.

This should work together with the regulating sensor, to cut off the compressor when the temp is cold enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I have my Matrix's heater element hose removed so that it cool air all the time. Even though there's is no warm air, I'm ok with it as I like the cold better. Besides, the car cools down faster witht he air con after being parked in the sun, and the aircon compressor is also less stress trying to convert all the hot air to coool air. You can do the mod at Komoco for about $35 without affecting your warranty.

No gadget can ever reduce your FC unless there are drastic changes to weight of the car or to the engine management unit (the chip). or to your driving style. Even so, the fuel economy is not great with all the constant stop-and-go city driving. The Matrix is good for its space and versatility and price, and fuel economy is just average. In fact, the 1.8 is a better option as the more powerful engine is better suited to the weight of the car, requiring less throttle flooring to get it moving from a stand still.

I've since forgotten about fuel economy and enjoy the ride with my Matrix the way that I like to drive it, which can be hard at times. If I want fuel economy, I would go for a Suzuki or Toyota, but then again my fuel savings is unlikely to be equal to the thousands of dollars that I have to pay as a premium for a Japanese brand. So I'll just stick with a cheaper Matrix that gives me what I need most. Lots of space, headroom and higher driving position at a value-for-money price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hi All,
Had not posted anything before and forgotten password for last 5 mths.
Had my Matrix Automatic 1.6 now coming to two years. On everyone's thoughts is the heavy FC. True. when new, my car was doing under 9km/l. but now getting about 11km/l. I just drop in a K&N filter and a air powerjet (added air bypass from crankcase). Other mods give more power but costs.
My basic not only help with Fc but gave a bit more pull. Before had struggled up Sheares Bridge from Beach Rd on 2nd gear. Now climb smoothly.
Hope my input helps although had heard other mods do greater but at cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Originally posted by Epi@Feb 15 2005, 05:27 PM
I have my Matrix's heater element hose removed so that it cool air all the time. Even though there's is no warm air, I'm ok with it as I like the cold better. Besides,  the car cools down faster witht he air con after being parked in the sun, and the aircon compressor is also less stress trying to convert all the hot air to coool air. You can do the mod at Komoco for about $35 without affecting your warranty.
[snapback]6683[/snapback]​


Hello Epi, Are you able to control the air con temperature after the by-pass operation at Komoco? I really doubt so. At one time I almost thinking of removing the whole heater assembly since no use at all but dicover I had to have the whole dash removed!

For those who would like to stop the hot air, you can just get a small clamp and nip the rubber hose that runs into the heater. But again you can't control the temperature like other car.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top