Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

First time post.

My wife has a Getz. Its a 2003 with a whopping 115,000 miles on it. Its a great wee car. Sadly theres a starting problem. If you leave it for a few days then it turns over no worries but doesnt start. Just doesnt catch. BUT yesterday, got it home at 7pm and 7am this morning, same thing. Turns over no worries but wont catch.

Its like its getting damp somewhere. I managed to push it out the drive. By push I mean attach it to my Corolla TSport and turn it over and over on the start motor till its flat, wait and repeat till its on the hill. NOt ideal for either cars. :-( I bump started it down the hill. Started no bother and its running fine again. It will be the same tomorrow. Now tonight I'll park on the hill. A great short term solution, but not ideal!!!!!!

Is it dampness? We are getting crazy weather in Scotland right now. A tad cold. BUT even when its not, if we dont use it every day, theres a problem getting it to catch

Is it HT leads? Distributor cap??? I'll try anything!!!!!

Any help or advice much appreciated!!!!

Cheers

Del

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem with a Nissan Micra. I've no idea if a Getz would have the same issue or if the same fix would work but in the Micra there was a split in the Distributor cap and the HT leads were worn so dampness was getting in. Replacing these fixed it.

Before I got this done spraying them with WD40 always got it started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts